All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Lengthen Frame

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dmk

Lengthen Frame Empty
PostSubject: Lengthen Frame   Lengthen Frame Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 10:45 am

I have an older Cub 1330 - no deck. I've installed a double seat for my boys to play around on and do yard chores, haul little trailer etc. It's got the Hydro rearend, so don't have to worry about high-speed. I'd like to lenghten it a bit, add a bed to the back, nothing crazy, just a foot, maybe 1 1/2. Do I need to weld in the new piece, or if I overlap sufficiently, will bolting it in work? I have a welder, just not good with it at all.

I won't be hauling trees with it or anything, actually live in the city, it's just a toy.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Lengthen Frame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lengthen Frame   Lengthen Frame Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2012, 7:24 pm

For max saftey itd be better to weld it, but you could use grade 8 bolts and just tack it in place. Id use square tubing ( large square) to be able to support weight .

Do you have a vocational school nearby? I took some welding classes thru a local school, helped dramatically with my welding , they wernt all that much either .
Back to top Go down
redneckrob
redneckrob

Lengthen Frame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lengthen Frame   Lengthen Frame Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2012, 9:00 pm

I'd have to say do both, but remember "Bolts break, welds wont"(not entirely true, but good enough). Plus welding is an easy skill to learn, it's all about penetration! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lengthen Frame Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lengthen Frame   Lengthen Frame Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lengthen Frame
Page 1 of 1