All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Plastic grills

Go down 
+2
fetters18
idlorah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
idlorah
idlorah

Plastic grills Empty
PostSubject: Plastic grills   Plastic grills Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2012, 6:24 pm

i was wondering how i could make a metal grill for my mower because i got a cracked it when i fell off my mower and it went into a tree at full spped and the bumper cracked off and it flew into my grill and craked it ideas anyone?
Back to top Go down
fetters18
fetters18

Plastic grills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic grills   Plastic grills Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2012, 7:01 pm

ya make a stronger bumper haha
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Plastic grills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic grills   Plastic grills Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2012, 7:09 pm

depends did the grill get compleatly smashed? if so make your own with sheet metal or fab one from another tractor
Back to top Go down
idlorah
idlorah

Plastic grills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic grills   Plastic grills Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2012, 5:11 pm

it cracked half way up on one side and it wont hold any weight on that sid ill fab a new one tho Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Homer
Hillbilly Homer

Plastic grills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic grills   Plastic grills Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2012, 6:04 pm

Very Happy On the farm we use expanded sheet metal to replace the grills on all our equipment. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
idlorah
idlorah

Plastic grills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic grills   Plastic grills Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2012, 11:58 am

thats a good idea i might use that
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

Plastic grills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic grills   Plastic grills Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2012, 10:16 pm

I'm going to use expanded metal grating on mine. On my LT1000, there are tabs around the grill opening where the grill attaches to the hood. I'm going to cut some metal grating to fit the opening bolt it in place.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Plastic grills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic grills   Plastic grills Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2012, 7:21 am

On my 2003 murray , the grille was missing - so i took a flexable grate from one of those one time use camping grills and jb welded it inside the plastic front - it wasnt structural , just for looks instead of a large gaping hole.

On a couple of my MTD's the grille cracked - was able to bolt a piece of metal in to hold it together from underneath - i also have one that a PO used a piece of kindorf ( u shaped metal channel for holding pipes/wires from ceilings- availible at electrical supply stores) and bolted it underneath - almost looks like an airdam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plastic grills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic grills   Plastic grills Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plastic grills
Page 1 of 1