All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What do I need to do to swap a hydro transaxle with a geared transaxle?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HazletonMudMan

Transaxle - What do I need to do to swap a hydro transaxle with a geared transaxle? Empty
PostSubject: What do I need to do to swap a hydro transaxle with a geared transaxle?   Transaxle - What do I need to do to swap a hydro transaxle with a geared transaxle? Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 12:03 am

I want to replace my hydrostatic tranny with a transaxle but i need to know what problems i will run into or if any?
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

Transaxle - What do I need to do to swap a hydro transaxle with a geared transaxle? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do I need to do to swap a hydro transaxle with a geared transaxle?   Transaxle - What do I need to do to swap a hydro transaxle with a geared transaxle? Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 12:42 am

depending on the geared transaxle your putting in you might have pulley problems(not the right height), how wide the transaxle bolt holes are, etc. most of the stuff is common sense, your sifter will have to be made and located somewhere, Keep your Hydrostatic transaxle and look around for a geared one(if you don't already have one) and compare where stuff will bolt into place, etc. and try to get one to fit, most of them will bolt right into place because alot of frames are used with alot of different transaxles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
HazletonMudMan

PostSubject: Re: What do I need to do to swap a hydro transaxle with a geared transaxle?   Transaxle - What do I need to do to swap a hydro transaxle with a geared transaxle? Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2012, 12:59 am

Thanks man i will check it out tommorow when its sunny. I just wanted to make sure something i didnt know about would force me to stop the project half way threw it and put it togethet agian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do I need to do to swap a hydro transaxle with a geared transaxle?   Transaxle - What do I need to do to swap a hydro transaxle with a geared transaxle? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do I need to do to swap a hydro transaxle with a geared transaxle?
Page 1 of 1