All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Craftsman Cousins

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

Craftsman - Craftsman Cousins Empty
PostSubject: Craftsman Cousins   Craftsman - Craftsman Cousins Icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2013, 10:53 pm

Ive got two Craftsmans well... really an older frame with some fenders a transaxle a hood and steering... Then another with a blown motor... Ive also got a small but powerful push mower motor and a 212cc go kart motor... Im putting the push mower motor on the one with the blown motor and then lowering it a little and on the other im going to use the gokart motor and turn the transaxle sideways... Do you guys think it will work i need more ideas/ suggestions... I was also thinking a 4x4 because the transaxles are identical but i would need a bigger motor and i have a very limited budget.
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman Cousins   Craftsman - Craftsman Cousins Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2013, 7:10 pm

Push mower one should work as long as you don't run it too hard. (No mud pits!)

What do you mean by turn the transaxle sideways? For the go kart motor, I'd get myself one of the old peerless 700 gearboxes, those are amazing, I'm using one on my racing mower build.
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman Cousins   Craftsman - Craftsman Cousins Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2013, 7:16 pm

The push mower motor is about 5-6 hp.. By turning the transaxle sideways i meant rotating it so the pulley is horizontal instead of vertical and putting the kart motor directly above it and rigging up a clutch mechanism... Ill look into the peerless 700's
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman Cousins   Craftsman - Craftsman Cousins Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2013, 7:18 pm

Ahh, but then you make a rear engine rider.

For the peerless, look for an old Toro rear engine rider. They're usually easy to find and are cheap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman Cousins   Craftsman - Craftsman Cousins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craftsman Cousins
Page 1 of 1