All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

craftsman keeps shredding deck belts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1987noclue1987
1987noclue1987

Craftsman - craftsman keeps shredding deck belts Empty
PostSubject: craftsman keeps shredding deck belts   Craftsman - craftsman keeps shredding deck belts Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 1:19 am

i have an 04 ish craftsman and it keeps ripping belts apart and the only thing i have found wrong with it was the brake
on the deck is missing its spring and not working as a guide any more and a pulley was not bolted down all the way (which has been fixed) i don't want to put another belt on it till i know it won't destroy it

Thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: craftsman keeps shredding deck belts   Craftsman - craftsman keeps shredding deck belts Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 2:00 am

sounds like something is out of alinement are any of the pulleys warped or bent
Back to top Go down
1987noclue1987
1987noclue1987

PostSubject: Re: craftsman keeps shredding deck belts   Craftsman - craftsman keeps shredding deck belts Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 2:17 am

i don't see any wobble when i spin the pulleys and the bearings sounds fine is it possibly a linkage problem?
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: craftsman keeps shredding deck belts   Craftsman - craftsman keeps shredding deck belts Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 2:19 am

1987noclue1987 wrote:
i don't see any wobble when i spin the pulleys and the bearings sounds fine is it possibly a linkage problem?
could be if i was you i would put a belt on and engage the deck but have the mower turned off and see if everything is working right if it looks like its working right start it up but keep a eye on it to see if anything starts to move out of place
Back to top Go down
1987noclue1987
1987noclue1987

PostSubject: Re: craftsman keeps shredding deck belts   Craftsman - craftsman keeps shredding deck belts Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 2:25 am

thanks i'll be sure to do that and look everything over real good in the morning
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: craftsman keeps shredding deck belts   Craftsman - craftsman keeps shredding deck belts Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 2:28 am

1987noclue1987 wrote:
thanks i'll be sure to do that and look everything over real good in the morning
allright rember to update on how everything goes
Back to top Go down
1987noclue1987
1987noclue1987

PostSubject: Re: craftsman keeps shredding deck belts   Craftsman - craftsman keeps shredding deck belts Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2013, 11:18 pm

just got done looking at it im surprised that the thing did not explode turns out the guy bought it over the winter and the bolts that hold the spindle shook themselves loose and started shredding belts. I feel embarrassed it was hard to miss once i pulled the deck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: craftsman keeps shredding deck belts   Craftsman - craftsman keeps shredding deck belts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

craftsman keeps shredding deck belts
Page 1 of 1