All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

my riding lawn mower

Go down 
+3
dangeroustoys56
Jamus
NZHproduction
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CMHN

mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my riding lawn mower   mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2010, 10:27 am

I list on Craigslist all the time, I put a request out a few months back for some riding tractors. It said:

"Free removal of lawn mowers, lawn tractors, and implements. Cash paid for better machines."

I had numerous hits, I got a couple items for free, and a lot of people asking $50 - $100 for running machines. I wasn't really interested in buying anything at the moment, but it was a good feeling that I could get something when I'm ready to buy. They are out there, you just need to look.

Back to top Go down
http://ctraugh.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: my riding lawn mower   mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2010, 2:35 pm

CMHN wrote:
I list on Craigslist all the time, I put a request out a few months back for some riding tractors. It said:

"Free removal of lawn mowers, lawn tractors, and implements. Cash paid for better machines."

I had numerous hits, I got a couple items for free, and a lot of people asking $50 - $100 for running machines. I wasn't really interested in buying anything at the moment, but it was a good feeling that I could get something when I'm ready to buy. They are out there, you just need to look.

Pa always seem to have people that give away lawn mower for cheap and free, here in DE everyone wants top doller for junk!! Mad
Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: my riding lawn mower   mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 18th 2010, 9:25 pm

does anyone know if you can drive a lawn mower on the street in california like in the city
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: my riding lawn mower   mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2010, 3:53 am

That a trick question? Not a chance. Besides being totally illegal, youd be loooking at a hefty ticket.

Tractors are in no way shape or form legal to drive on streets. Ive done it, but i live on a quiet side street at the edge of town and its a dirt road- one time a sheriff did pull me over , but let me off with a warning, only because hes never seen anything like it before and it wasnt a busy street. Well that and i wasnt drinking either.

Down here its legal to drive ATV's on dirt roads ( if thier liscenced) up to 45mph ( or lower posted speed limit)- ive seen everything from golf karts to go karts and minibikes go down my road as well as a few stocker mowers.
Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: my riding lawn mower   mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2010, 1:16 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
That a trick question? Not a chance. Besides being totally illegal, youd be loooking at a hefty ticket.

Tractors are in no way shape or form legal to drive on streets. Ive done it, but i live on a quiet side street at the edge of town and its a dirt road- one time a sheriff did pull me over , but let me off with a warning, only because hes never seen anything like it before and it wasnt a busy street. Well that and i wasnt drinking either.

Down here its legal to drive ATV's on dirt roads ( if thier liscenced) up to 45mph ( or lower posted speed limit)- ive seen everything from golf karts to go karts and minibikes go down my road as well as a few stocker mowers.

is it still illegal if you have one of those dymond reflecter things that allow the bigger tractors to drive on the road
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: my riding lawn mower   mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2010, 4:34 pm

I dont think the police would be amused - not to mention the fact of being run over by a crazed californian would be good either.

Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: my riding lawn mower   mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 19th 2010, 5:23 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
I dont think the police would be amused - not to mention the fact of being run over by a crazed californian would be good either.

true i guess, but it would be cool if lawn mowers were street legal
Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: my riding lawn mower   mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2010, 6:58 pm

gas pedal that me and my dad installed that was from a 84 blazer that i have
mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Photo0029
mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Photo0030
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: my riding lawn mower   mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 3:43 pm

Neat pedal setup- never wouldve thought of that one .
Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: my riding lawn mower   mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 6:51 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Neat pedal setup- never wouldve thought of that one .
ya i think next thing im going to do to it is take the horns from my 84 chevy blazer and put it on my lawn mower and switch the pulleys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my riding lawn mower   mower - my riding lawn mower - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my riding lawn mower
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2