All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Scored me a widebody

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
goesman
goesman

Scored me a widebody Empty
PostSubject: Scored me a widebody   Scored me a widebody Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2014, 11:57 pm

The other day i went to the small engine shop about some parts for a chainsaw.  the guy that runs the place gave this wide body.  It has a 17 twin and a hydro trans.  i don't know if the motor is any good and i am not going to use the hydro.  I have it all stripped down to get some ideas for what i want to do with it. I have never worked on some thing as nasty as it was. I guess the engine has been leaking oil, along with the dirt and grass. A trip to the car wash barely did any good. it was so caked up that i had a hard time finding the bolts on it. I think i want to make some thing that resembles a cross between a atv and lawn tractor with suspension.

Scored me a widebody <a href=Scored me a widebody 20140314_214727_zps27203997" />
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Scored me a widebody   Scored me a widebody Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2014, 12:12 pm

Score!! Murray widebodys got a great c-channel designed frame so its easy to just peal back the sheet metal and work on the belt system, or heavy modifications. I was thinking about like cutting a junk quad in half and welding the front half (ifs suspension and shocks) that to where the engine was on the frame and mounting the engine mid chassis. But, thats me when it comes to heavy mods. That twin makes it totally worth it.
Back to top Go down
goesman
goesman

PostSubject: Re: Scored me a widebody   Scored me a widebody Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2014, 8:14 pm

I got started today on it, im going to start a new thread on it.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Scored me a widebody   Scored me a widebody Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2014, 8:21 pm

goesman wrote:
I got started today on it, im going to start a new thread on it.
You can edit the first post and change the post title above the message box and use this thread if you want.
Back to top Go down
goesman
goesman

PostSubject: Re: Scored me a widebody   Scored me a widebody Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2014, 8:30 pm

I already started a new one, I didn't think of that

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scored me a widebody   Scored me a widebody Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scored me a widebody
Page 1 of 1