All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Good news and bad news...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Good news and bad news... Empty
PostSubject: Good news and bad news...   Good news and bad news... Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2014, 6:46 pm

Well ladies I got good news and bad news to start heres the good news: I fou8nd a guy selling a 820 with hubs and straight axle and brake rotor for 100$ so I got that coming for the deere... thats the awesome part that made me happy, now the bad news well thats kinda a bittersweet story.

I was driving home around 1am pretty tired from work saw a dodge on the side of the road with hazard lights going so I thought well got nothing better to do so I got up there rolled down my window and asked what was going on. Turns out the truck was smoking pretty bad we were thinking antifreeze on the headers or something so I offered a tow (yeah I know right 4 banger collie towing a fullsize dodge :p)

I hooked it up and gave it a pull was going pretty good, then when we came up to a stop sign I noticed they were getting kinda close and I could hear the chain dragging wasnt hitting my brakes or anything figured they would then they steered into the other lane to avoid rearending me. Turns out their brakes went out and me being the logger that I am I choked that chain up so it wouldnt come off either truck. Chain caught his tire wrapped around the a arm slung him into a bit of a spin and then pulled me into his front end tboning my poor collie and doing a pretty good amount of damage...

After we had our collision I sat there a second and thought yah know I could be pissed and get out all mad but honestly it is easier to just roll with it just takes effort to be angry. So in the end guys let this be a lesson for you, sometimes good deeds get punished but is that gonna stop me from towing someone again or stopping to help someone? nupe Ill still stop and try to help.

Good news and bad news... R7H85Lfl

Good news and bad news... I8Wwluml

Good news and bad news... IPyJ6tQl

Good news and bad news... MPCuyMTl
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Angchor

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news...   Good news and bad news... Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2014, 9:03 pm

Moose wrote:
Well ladies I got good news and bad news

I'm thinking sitting on a tractor and making motor noises would have been preferable.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news...   Good news and bad news... Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2014, 9:25 pm

Yikes! What are you going to do with insurance? Always remember it could of been way worse. You would be looking for a tire/rim or maybe a rear axle! Glad you are ok man.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news...   Good news and bad news... Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2014, 10:52 pm

yeah shoulda went and got the massey to tow them :p go a lot slower but slower=safer lol the truck hit me at like 15mph and did that so I got a lil shook up needless to say looking for a older truck to fix up might trade it in if I do get it fixed up well see
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news...   Good news and bad news... Icon_minitimeAugust 11th 2014, 11:52 am

Update :v gonna cost 5700$ to fix my truck that is only worth 8600 >.> why they didnt total it? Well they dont have to pay for it and I only gotta pay the deductible. I am thinking when they get it done I want to just drive it to the dealership across the road and get something with a little more umpf for towing trailers and stuff coming back from canada with just the collie in the bed it about overheated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news and bad news...   Good news and bad news... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good news and bad news...
Page 1 of 1