All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Best carb for briggs 10hp

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dyna836

Best carb for briggs 10hp  Empty
PostSubject: Best carb for briggs 10hp    Best carb for briggs 10hp  Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2011, 10:46 pm

I got an older briggs 10hp (25000 model series) engine from a friend and i was wondering what kind of carb i should use? he put a carb off a briggs 8hp motor on it but it doesnt run the greatest under load. Im thinking of putting a 12hp carb on it, but i dont know if a 12hp carb would bolt up to it or offer any improvement. should i go for the 12 carb or just leave it alone?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Best carb for briggs 10hp    Best carb for briggs 10hp  Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2011, 7:32 am

Bigger carb would work better- you can adjust them down for proper flow to the motor- you might need to be a lil creative in adapting the carb tho .

You could attempt something similar as a ATV/motorcycle - use the flange that bolts to the motor, then a short piece of radiator hose and bolt the carb up - you might need a stabilizer piece of metal bolted to the motor/chassis to hold the carb steady tho.
Back to top Go down
dyna836

PostSubject: Re: Best carb for briggs 10hp    Best carb for briggs 10hp  Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2011, 12:03 pm

Ok then il go for the 12 hp carb. The 8 and 12 carbs have the same bolt spacing so it will fit very nicely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best carb for briggs 10hp    Best carb for briggs 10hp  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best carb for briggs 10hp
Page 1 of 1