All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

can someone buy this for me?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
motorhead45102

can someone buy this for me? Empty
PostSubject: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 9:54 pm

go to the link

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/engine_power/engine_details.aspx?pid=47

30hp v-twin, man that is enough power to snap my spicer trans in half like a toothpick holding a text book.
Back to top Go down
indianaboy93

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 10:07 pm

would this even fit on a normal mower?!?! i'm thinking it would have to be a zero turn mower. lol
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 10:27 pm

if it don't fit ill make it fit
Back to top Go down
indianaboy93

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 10:30 pm

motorhead45102 wrote:
if it don't fit ill make it fit

heck yea, git r done. lol
i bet that costs a pretty penny
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 10:32 pm

oh i bet, just a single cylinder engine is around 200-300 dollars, its nuts.
Back to top Go down
indianaboy93

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2010, 10:36 pm

motorhead45102 wrote:
oh i bet, just a single cylinder engine is around 200-300 dollars, its nuts.

yea it is crazy. i don't think i'll ever buy a new engine
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 7:20 am

Keep in mind newer motors arent necessarily better - theyre leaned out for better economy and less pollution . Not to mention most new briggs motors are made in china, use a ton more plastic in them then the old motors.

Id scour craigslist and the weekly flyer for any large motored lawntractors that come up - the majority of my twin motors came off craigslist CHEEP ( $50 - $75 ) , just because the tractors were junky, the motors all ran . Ive seen plenty of ads for just motors for the price of a running older lawntractor - if you pick up one that doesnt run cheep ( or trans is broken/ect) then youll save a ton of cash.
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 5:10 pm

yeah i know, but i like their 90's models, they were made right, the new ones actually kinda suck, my 3.5hp motor all it has plastic is the carb, weird but thats it, oh wait, the whole cam is coated in plastic, really weird, but was in good condition, hardly any wear.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 9:35 pm

They all went to plastic inside to quiet them down/save weight - save manufacturing costs/shipping costs. Cant adjust the carbs on anything in the 90's and up because of EPA standards.
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2010, 11:25 pm

well my craftsman mower is still adjustable on the carb. But my 7hp and 6hp briggs pushmower engines, have the non adjustable carb, and my 3.5 has a non adjustable carb on it now, cause i got tired of dealing with that choke-a-matic carb, i could never get the engine started back up if i was cutting grass, shut it off for 5 min. and tried starting again, but even though this new carb isn't adjustable they work pretty good as long as i keep them clean and run the cleaner additive every time i think it needs it.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 7:57 am

It may be a powerful motor. But there's still too much plastic for my liking. I'd personally get a 18-22hp Vangaurd v twin, with metal shrouds Wink Hell, you could probably get two used ones at least for the price of that 30hp monster
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 8:33 am

I coulda bot a 20 HP vanguard twin for $200 - rest of the tractor was in sad shape- but the guy knew he could get that much just for the motor cause it ran.

That 20 HP onan should be a monster, IF i can ever get it going...... that would go right on the wheelhorse or wizard.

My early 90's tractors have the adjustable carbs( old one piece style) - my 94 murray has that multiple piece carb ( the intake/carb and air filter housing ) - all that has is a air mix screw .

I suppose thats why alot of people that mod tractors end up going to a motorcycle/snowmobile carb to get more adjustment from em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 8:49 am

mines adjustable and its a real hassel probally just me though,.
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 6:09 pm

30 hp?! You'd let the clutch out and the tranny would explode! That thing would rival most ATV's in terms of power.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 6:18 pm

LOL! Y know whats funny tho - most of todays tractors have 20 plus HP yet seem to go slower then older tractors - like they either fake the HP ratings OR gear em so low so the power is there when needed. Just like all the zero turns i see on craigslist or in the paper for sale with 20 plus HP engines that are blown..... gotta wonder if theyre any good.

Youd be surprised what a proper modifed motor will do - i went to tractor races a few years back- few guys took stock 26HP v twins - bored and machined em to run ....60 PLUS HP in the super mod class - man those things hauled and sounded just like motorcycles- y have to know they dumped more money in that motor then most people spend on buying a car .....
Back to top Go down
motorhead45102

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2010, 7:39 pm

i know there is a 34hp 3 cylinder turbo diesel vanguard engine on briggs website, dunno how much that thing would cost, and that thing would deff. blow the 6 speed trans i have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can someone buy this for me?   can someone buy this for me? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can someone buy this for me?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: