All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Craftsman PTO safety switch advice.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

Craftsman - Craftsman PTO safety switch advice. Empty
PostSubject: Craftsman PTO safety switch advice.   Craftsman - Craftsman PTO safety switch advice. Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2012, 3:23 pm

I shot the following video while I was trying to figure out how to disable the PTO Safety switch on my Craftsman LT1000. There are 4 wires going into the switch. Two are black, and two are yellow. When the PTO is disengaged, the two yellow wires have continuity through them. The black wires do not. When you engage the PTO, the black wires have continuity through them and the yellow do not. If you tie the yellow wires together and tape the black ones up so that they cannot make contact, you will have defeated the safety switch.

Eventually, I'll probably do a fearless front rewire of the tractor. But this is better than having to hold the button in when I want to start the tractor.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com

Craftsman PTO safety switch advice.
Page 1 of 1