All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

seat safety switch 99 troy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

seat safety switch  99 troy Empty
PostSubject: seat safety switch 99 troy    seat safety switch  99 troy Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2023, 4:17 pm

This machine is 20+ years old and they have the seat set up to where you can't see a wire to unplug.......I didn't see any safety shut off wire on the seat and I just figured some one had already deleted it.    

I got it running and i wanted to check the drive end {i have the steering gear out waiting for a bushing] so I jacked up and blocked the back end......started it up [ off the seat], released the brake and killed it, so I set the brake, started it, released the brake and it kept running, the difference was that this time i had my arm leaning on the seat....pulled it off the seat and it died.......ah hA....

SO no wires visible above deck, my guess is that one of the springs is wired,
right or wrong???? I'm not wanting to delete it, I like the idea that you can start it with just the brake applied..........
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: seat safety switch 99 troy    seat safety switch  99 troy Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2023, 7:34 pm

Yeah, some of those were triggered by one of the springs that presses down on a switch.  When and if you have the battery out sometime, you will probably see it.  I want to say left side.  May be a "window" you can see/access it under the fender behind the tire.

seat safety switch  99 troy Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
 seat safety switch  99 troy Sig214 seat safety switch  99 troy Sig314
Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: seat safety switch 99 troy    seat safety switch  99 troy Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2023, 7:57 pm

I would give that safety engineer an A+ for that one.........I think I'll leave it in place......[.if in fact you can set the brake and get off without shut down].......the one that i"ll go after is the reverse blade shut down I have less than a quarter  acre to mow and end up with a lot of reverse trying to get all the clippings out to   the street......
this machine is bigger than my yard, so it will probably do some snow removal in the winter....after i get the blade linkage figured out,'  that wil be the next project.......whenever I get all of the mechanical fixed..........

MightyRaze and Brianator like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: seat safety switch 99 troy    seat safety switch  99 troy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

seat safety switch 99 troy
Page 1 of 1