All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

which mud tires?

Go down 
+2
Hillbilly Homer
CityRedneck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

tires - which mud tires? Empty
PostSubject: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2012, 11:03 pm

ok, my mom told me i can get some new tires but nothing over 300$ so its a tie between carsisle super lugs, kenda bearclaws, or mudlites. and if you have a better thought tell me. anything thats aggressive and has a 8" rim
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Homer
Hillbilly Homer

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2012, 12:08 pm

lol! .. tire chains $50 pocket $150 give mom back $100 ..lol!
Back to top Go down
Offroader97

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2012, 9:13 pm

CityRedneck wrote:
ok, my mom told me i can get some new tires but nothing over 300$ so its a tie between carsisle super lugs, kenda bearclaws, or mudlites. and if you have a better thought tell me. anything thats aggressive and has a 8" rim

I think I am gonna order some 20x10 super lugs I can get them 70.00 Each shipped local. Have you found any 20x10 bearclaws or mudlites?
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 2nd 2012, 10:27 pm

I dont know if they make these in the size your your tractor but have you thought of looking for Maxxis Bighorns, they are really good for all around performance. There is also companies that make ones with really similar treads but cheaper like Traxion Grippers. I know Wanda makes them too. It really depends what your driving in. I am just using my Mudbuster ATV tires I got from a parts bike for my new build.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 5:25 am

i ended up getting super lugs. but no the bearclaws come in 22x12x8 and the mudlites are 22x11x8
Back to top Go down
craftworks125

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 10:44 am

you will be very happy with the super lugs i picked up some 18x9.5-8 for $30 and i love them they hook up on every thing like crazy.
Back to top Go down
Offroader97

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2012, 9:12 pm

craftworks125 wrote:
you will be very happy with the super lugs i picked up some 18x9.5-8 for $30 and i love them they hook up on every thing like crazy.

I don't know if I want to get some 20x10 or some 18x9.5 I have both rims I was gonna get the 20x10 for the back and put the 18x9.5 on front I don't want to big of tire.

cityredneck have you got them yet? on your tractor?
Back to top Go down
craftworks125

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2012, 10:20 am

why would you get super lugs for the front?
Back to top Go down
Offroader97

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2012, 1:16 pm

craftworks125 wrote:
why would you get super lugs for the front?
no no no... I have some 18x9.5 stock front I was gonna put on front that what I ment.
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2012, 4:44 pm

welll since i got the super lugs i was gonna match them up in the front with these small/ skinny ag tires http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/product.asp?PN=t14x450-6-AG-WH-A&desc=Carlisle Tire 14x4.50-6 Right Side AG Tread Tire & Wheel, 3/4"x2-1/4" Bore, fits some Troy Bilt
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2012, 4:44 pm

that way i dont have ugly fat tires in the front. i personally dont like the look.
Back to top Go down
Offroader97

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2012, 5:03 pm

CityRedneck wrote:
that way i dont have ugly fat tires in the front. i personally dont like the look.

Yea i'll have to wait on them, I have 500 in mower without tires.
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2012, 5:29 am

so i ordered these tires saturday from oregon. i got them yesterday lol and shipping was only 18$ pretty nice right? but im having trouble getting them on the rim. my old tires are stretched and worn so they are easy to get on but i spent like a hour and a half trying to get ONE tire on. any suggestions on easier ways then 3 screw drivers?
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2012, 8:14 am

Some tire shops will put them on for you...

If you decide to do it yourself, make sure the tire sits down into the "valley" of the rim before trying to pull it over on the opposite side. Some rims are offset, so put the tire on from the side that has that valley closest to the edge.

tires - which mud tires? Rim10

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2012, 9:33 am

its a 4ply tire. so the bead is reaally hard. im taking it to a shop friday
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2012, 10:10 am

Good choice!
Having put tires on a lot of mower rims, I can sympathize with you on this.

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2012, 4:07 pm

well i didnt take it there. got my dad (280pounds of weight lol) he stood on the tire and i pryed it. and got them on. took them to the gas station to fill em up n one sealed the bead and inflated, the other gave trouble so we went to tire kingdom. loved it! lol everyone was a redneck. one guy had a nice mud truck. anyway. he unscrewed the vavle stem and blasted some air and blew up the tire for us anf it was all for free. i love that guy. hahahahahaha. took it mudding and it chewed everything. took it in swampy mud/water. cruised thru it like nothing was there. then. i realized. th is to high and stalled it so now i know to use 4th gear
Back to top Go down
Offroader97

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2012, 4:37 pm

CityRedneck wrote:
well i didnt take it there. got my dad (280pounds of weight lol) he stood on the tire and i pryed it. and got them on. took them to the gas station to fill em up n one sealed the bead and inflated, the other gave trouble so we went to tire kingdom. loved it! lol everyone was a redneck. one guy had a nice mud truck. anyway. he unscrewed the vavle stem and blasted some air and blew up the tire for us anf it was all for free. i love that guy. hahahahahaha. took it mudding and it chewed everything. took it in swampy mud/water. cruised thru it like nothing was there. then. i realized. th is to high and stalled it so now i know to use 4th gear

You should take picture of them I am ordering mine soon, I want to see them
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2012, 7:53 pm

[img]tires - which mud tires? 25187910[/img][img]tires - which mud tires? 48419410[/img]
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 7th 2012, 7:54 pm

they are amazing. i tore a hugggeeee hole in a path on accident. but for mud you really gotta have it in 4th or lower. i have a 20hp engine and it stalled or over heating 3times. 5th is for slick mud thats not rlly thick and you know you will get through it. 6th is for flat ground pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Offroader97

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 17th 2012, 5:50 pm

CityRedneck wrote:
they are amazing. i tore a hugggeeee hole in a path on accident. but for mud you really gotta have it in 4th or lower. i have a 20hp engine and it stalled or over heating 3times. 5th is for slick mud thats not rlly thick and you know you will get through it. 6th is for flat ground pretty much.

Yea just watched your video. I still have not got mine idk them or some knobby tires

and I got a 25hp vtwin Smile
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 18th 2012, 10:37 am

yea they are really good but i regret getting the bigger sized ones. id get the 18"s because they have made my engine work really hard and the paint on my engine is starting to chip so its past its 500'f limit. so ill have to get all that paint off and go with a black engine paint that holds 2000'f. lol you just gotta work your tranny alot
Back to top Go down
Offroader97

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitimeJune 25th 2012, 11:58 am

CityRedneck wrote:
yea they are really good but i regret getting the bigger sized ones. id get the 18"s because they have made my engine work really hard and the paint on my engine is starting to chip so its past its 500'f limit. so ill have to get all that paint off and go with a black engine paint that holds 2000'f. lol you just gotta work your tranny alot

Yea I still have not got any I was going to get 18s but last night my dad helped me I took some old hubs just like fearless front did and put some 22" wooly boogers it goes goood
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which mud tires?   tires - which mud tires? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

which mud tires?
Page 1 of 1