All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How to lift my tractor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dodgermman
Dodgermman

How to lift my tractor Empty
PostSubject: How to lift my tractor   How to lift my tractor Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2012, 1:10 am

hey guys i wanna lift my tractor not a whole lot maybe like 2-5 inchs to give it a mean stance without that ridiculous lift but i have a horizontal shaft engine plus its a john deere 214 so its gonna be hard
one more question do you think that a 90 amp 120 volt welder would be strong enough to hold everthing in place?

How to lift my tractor 2012-05-15_19-42-22_811
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: How to lift my tractor   How to lift my tractor Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2012, 9:35 pm

I personally wouldnt do a lift in the front, just get some bigger tires and mount them on there(You could get your 2-5 inches of lift depending on the tire) and is your transaxle a horizontal input or vertical input? if its a horizontal input you wouldnt have a hard time at all, just getting belts probably and a possible pulley swap. I think a 90amp 120volt welder could do the job but you will have to crank it for everything and do a triple pass on some joints. I personally wouldn't modify that lawn tractor, it looks really nice and you could get a good amount of money for it and buy a more common tractor that is cheaper on parts and uses more universal parts(for example your front tires look to be on hubs, most lawn tractors are mounted directly to the spindle because its normally cheaper).
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Dodgermman
Dodgermman

PostSubject: Re: How to lift my tractor   How to lift my tractor Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2012, 11:50 pm

Well those front tires are bigger the tractor came with16x6.5-8 now there 18x10x12 those hubs I added myself (took them off the rear axle of a wheel horse) also I think that the transaxle is horizontal plus I boughtbthe tractor for 80$ so its all good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to lift my tractor   How to lift my tractor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to lift my tractor
Page 1 of 1