All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

four lug hub fab

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

four lug hub fab Empty
PostSubject: four lug hub fab   four lug hub fab Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2012, 10:20 pm

I got some ATV wheels to put on my mower. The problem is they are four lug only and they don't fit my lawn mower rims. I'm going to need to fab up some hubs. The question is, I need figure out how to make them. I also need to make two to fit on the rear axle that is keyed. How did you guys do it?
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

four lug hub fab Empty
PostSubject: Re: four lug hub fab   four lug hub fab Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2012, 10:23 pm

You could buy these, they fit most ATV hubs, They dont fit mine so I cant use them for mine but Fearlessfront used them for his friends mower hes building.

http://www.bmikarts.com/item/Heavy-Duty-Wheel-Hub-34-260058-6463
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/

four lug hub fab Empty
PostSubject: four lug hub fab   four lug hub fab Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2012, 3:13 am

check online kart parts. I found a set for the back axle on the lowrider. 4 on 4 with a 1" keyed bore. I think they were around $10 each.
I have made some from an old set of wheels. Cut off the "fat " part and drill holes to match the bolt pattern.
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

four lug hub fab Empty
PostSubject: Re: four lug hub fab   four lug hub fab Icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2012, 8:08 am

H'm, I could do that, but my truck is sitting up on blocks and I need every last penny to get her back on the road. That's why I was wanting to see if anybody here has made their own hubs.
Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

four lug hub fab Empty
PostSubject: Im attempting to use Mower Deck Spindles   four lug hub fab Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2012, 9:45 am

I usually take the mower deck spildles apart and recycle them for some small change extra cash...but the other day I was removing them from a big 46" deck that had three smaller spindles, and knowing I had a set of rims that I had to holesaw cut the axles off, I too am thinking of Fabricating a hub for a rim..

There are many ways to fab a hub, but Im considering trying out a set of these spindles....Not to mention if I use them for the rear, I could also use them for the front..with bearings!!!

Id like to get an opinion, I will do a video of the proceedure for future reference, If it fails, it fails, But if it works? We will have it to pass down...

four lug hub fab 100702656-260x260-0-0_OEM+Replacement+Parts+Lawn+Mower+Spindle+Assembly+
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

four lug hub fab Empty
PostSubject: Re: four lug hub fab   four lug hub fab Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2012, 12:35 pm

H'mm, I suppose it might work. Keep us informed on your progress. I did get the front hubs figured out, But I don't like how I did my back hubs. I'll eventually fix them.
Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

four lug hub fab Empty
PostSubject: Re: four lug hub fab   four lug hub fab Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2012, 12:50 pm

Absolutely, I will post the video link here...Maybe in a week or so, I have alot piled up to do at the moment..but,
they are aluminum too, so they are somewhat light weight.

Tractor Man Jeff wrote:
H'mm, I suppose it might work. Keep us informed on your progress. I did get the front hubs figured out, But I don't like how I did my back hubs. I'll eventually fix them.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

four lug hub fab Empty
PostSubject: Re: four lug hub fab   four lug hub fab Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2012, 4:17 pm

I bot a set of 4 bolt hubs for 'atv' rims from northerntools a few years back - so in order to mount some 8-10" rims on my mod murray and use those hubs , i went to TSC and bot some steel 3 point hitch bushings - that fit the 3/4" axle and the inside of the 1" axle hub - with some cutting and welding i lined up some steel axle keys ( opposite each other) and was able to weld them in to make a nice tight setup for the hubs, and theyre removeable ( not welded to hub or axle) as well to use on another tractor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

four lug hub fab Empty
PostSubject: Re: four lug hub fab   four lug hub fab Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

four lug hub fab
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Technical Forum :: Drivetrain & Brake Tech :: Tires, Wheels, Hubs, and Spindles-
Jump to: