All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
arild365
arild365

hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P Empty
PostSubject: hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P   hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 9:54 am

hey guy thought for anybody to introduce them selves i thought we should have a separate place instead of the middle of the forums.

well il start, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractorholique. haha got my first lawn tractor when i was 12 and that night when i drove it home, i knew there was something not right. I didnt feel that craftsman was meant to cut grass. three weeks later i had the deck off and face splattered in mud and having the best time of my life XD

glad i found this forum XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P   hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 9:58 am

and also thanks fearless for inviting me to the forum i still have the PM:

Re: hey
Hey man! Just letting you know I started a new forum for us all to talk about modding tractors and riding or whatever else. You should come check it out, I just got it up and running the other day so I'm still working on it here and there..

All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forums:

http://atltf.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Thanks!
And tell a friend!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P   hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 12:03 pm

I never considered modding or mudding tractors until the 90's unfortunately . I just had the one lawntractor to mow with until a freind asked if i wanted a 70 toro he had in his driveway- i bot it, got it going and wanted more....i bot a couple others he had in his yard and it started my collection.

The toro i wanted to mow with, but couldnt figure out the deck setup ( to engage the deck)- so with tiny stock tires driving it around the yard i saw some mud off in the woods- hauled in there and starting running around, till i burried the tractor and the chain fell off. Ran it around in the winter, did pretty good actually- then decided to put larger tires on it and REALLY went mudding- ran that thing so ragged, the bead popped on the one tire- and i kept going!

After i picked up a couple more tractors, i gave them thier 'mudpit' initiation into the collection- for stockers, they went pretty good in the mud- i retired the toro from mudding, because its old and i dont want to wreck it, my 82 dynamark had it bout with the mud, retired that back to mowing duty.

The 85 craftsman went thru mud pretty good as well, till it blew its muffler apart- then the agway became the yearly mud beast until this year , when i make it a permenent all around offroad machine.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P   hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 2:22 pm

Real name's Charles, or Chunk if you want. First got hooked when I saw my mates westwood (in my first ever vid!). Basically since then been hooked. Bought my alko, used it for ages as it was. Finally got sick of the plastic hood, so got myself an MTD one. From there is just got modded (big harley exhausts, pulley swap, mud flaps and halogen lights) until I split the chassis.

Ran it over a ditch at an angle, so it sat on one front wheel, and the oposite rear wheel. Tried to tip it so I got traction, and the combination of abuse and all 12stone of me split the pan chassis at the rear. Gave me an excuse to rebuild it from the ground up, and here we are today. Best sport in the world!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P   hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2010, 7:08 pm

My real name is Michael N. Steele 35 years old live in Jonesboro Arkansas. My first lawntractor was a 79 Dynamark < But my first romping tractor was well the dynamark i got it when i was 10 from a friend of my dads. the second one was a 88 MTD Tradesman when i was 30 the previous owner had it painted up like a Cub Cadet wound giving it to a coworker . and finally the 1985 Murray " The Murrat" i got for fixing a co workers pushmower. This one is the one i got into off roading heavily. I miss that MTD I still believe that would had drove circles around the Murrat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P   hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hy, im Arild and im a offroadlawntractoholic :P
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: