All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Equipment hauler fun tractor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

Equipment hauler fun tractor Empty
PostSubject: Equipment hauler fun tractor   Equipment hauler fun tractor Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2012, 4:05 am

This is gonna be my first build i am just gonna do something simple. We have a place up in Virginia (we live in N.C.) that is up a long muddy rutted out road that goes up the mountain to our cabin. I am just looking for ideas and do's and dont's for this machine. It has to have a fairly slow low end so i can pull a trailer loaded with blankets, food, tents, tools and stuff like that without throwing all the stuff off the trailer. It has to have good traction for the mud, ruts, and pulling a trailer loaded with enough equipment to last 6 people a few weeks. It has to have a nice quick top end (20 is plenty) for having fun and fooling around or mudding. Im just looking for ideas and i know yall got em. For the tires I was told to take a cheap old knife and a propane torch and cut some tread of the turf tires in an atv style pattern and then put slime tubes inside the tires. I havent got my tractor yet but i have adds posted on craigslist and i will start a build thred as soon as i know what im gonna do.
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Equipment hauler fun tractor   Equipment hauler fun tractor Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2012, 5:38 pm

If you get a tractor go for one with a geared transaxle instead of hydrostatic because if you pulley swap a hydrostatic you will burn it up. If you do the knife idea don't use slime, it doesn't work. Just put a tube inside the tire when your done if it leaks. Also maybe try putting sand or winter windshield washer fluid in the tires/tubes for extra weight if your pulling, similar to a tractor tire. Lock the transaxle too, it will help you alot driving on what your planning to drive in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

PostSubject: Re: Equipment hauler fun tractor   Equipment hauler fun tractor Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2012, 1:28 am

I know the hydrostatics suck and i plan on using a tube because i have a set of tires of a craftsman that i am going to start doing the knife trick too and they all ready have tubes as for locking the tranny i might have to buy one of those lockers you can get online because i dont have a welder yet but im thinking about leaving the differential alone so i can drive on tight trails which we have a bunch of and as for the traction issue i was thinking about trying to bolt something to the front and back (like a bumper) or maybe weld something when i get my welder to put weights on like they do on tractors but the windshield washer fluid is a great idea and i think ill use it instead
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Equipment hauler fun tractor   Equipment hauler fun tractor Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2012, 7:25 am

If you were to bolt weights on you would want to make sure the bolts are strong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

PostSubject: Re: Equipment hauler fun tractor   Equipment hauler fun tractor Icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2012, 5:26 pm

My plan will be probably bolting it then welding just to make extra sure cause im gonna beat the snot out of this thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Equipment hauler fun tractor   Equipment hauler fun tractor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Equipment hauler fun tractor
Page 1 of 1