All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment Empty
PostSubject: redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment   redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 12:37 am

so, me and camomanUSA were just talking in chat about some funny stories concerning equipment repairs and redneck fixes..  heres a few of mine.

fix #1- we have a toro proline mower, hydraulically driven. there has been a loose bolt since like june of last year, so one of the control arms of the hydraulic valves (drive controller on the left side) constantly falls off.. his (moms BF) solution? crush a beercan and stuff it between the frame and arm... i was running my weedeater, was like "i have a half inch socket on the truck y'know... it would take me 10 seconds to snug that thing up".. but no no, beercan...

fix/dispute #2- we have a Husqvarna 362Xp chain saw, carb got dirty, diaphragm was sticky and stiff, so i rebuilt it without him (moms BF again) knowing, as a birthday gift (it was around firewood cutting season, and needed the saw badly) it took me about 20 mins to disassemble and clean the carb, and another 10 to put the new kit in. brought it in to him after dinner, said "go try it out".. he replied with "you better have not touched that carb"... i said, "well, yeah.. i rebuilt it.. as a bday gift"... he did not like that answer, got so mad at me for doing it... i said "well if youre that mad at me for it, i'll be back in like 20 mins". went back out to the shop and put the old parts back in Smile came back in the house with the saw in one hand, and the new parts in a ziploc. plopped the saw on the floor infront of him, said "heres your saw, it runs, but wont cut butter... so.... yeah, have fun with that... im gonna go list this kit on Ebay".. this made him FURIOUS... i let him settle a bit, and about a half hour later he knocked on my door, and politely asked me if i could put the new parts back in, because he REALLY needs the saw. he even gave me 50 bucks... LOL.

those are just a few of what i have..  Twisted Evil  maybe i'll post a few more, later on..

so lets hear it! what have you guys done as a redneck fix or any disputes...
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment   redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 1:42 pm

lol good night
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Veteran Member
TheBeal
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment   redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:00 am

redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment 1661185_512169875560294_1312713213_n
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment   redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:15 am

TheBeal wrote:
redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment 1661185_512169875560294_1312713213_n
Nice picture, can't see it lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment   redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

redneck fixes, and disputes over equipment
Page 1 of 1