All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Does anyone know about Vw's

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MSteele323

Does anyone know about Vw's Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone know about Vw's   Does anyone know about Vw's Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 5:30 pm

I am having problems with my 73 beetle . Today i tried to start it but it pops and shoots flames . But it will not run. anyone here familar with aircooled Vw motors?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know about Vw's   Does anyone know about Vw's Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 6:02 pm

Could be a timing issue- possibly even bad gas? Id pull the spark plugs n see what thier condition is. Another thing could be moisture in the spark plug wires - my old 89 f150 had original spark plug wires - one really cold and damp winter morning , it ran terrible- huffed and chugged , skipped , until like 15 -20 minutes later when the motor heat dryed out the wires n then it ran fine.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know about Vw's   Does anyone know about Vw's Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 2:58 am

Not really sure what it oculd be on that motor. Really depends on alot of stuff, weather etc too. My vw polo is far from the air cooled engines, so I cant really help you.

Try putting a video up on youtube!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know about Vw's   Does anyone know about Vw's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know about Vw's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: