All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
13mudman13

What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor? Empty
PostSubject: What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor?   What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2012, 7:15 pm

What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor?   What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2012, 8:07 pm

I have alot of older cubs and there hell of a tractor strong all cast iron but then about any older garden tractor would make a good tower i had a jacobson 14hp kohler it was hydro low and high that thing could do some stuff thats the tractor that got me into off roading lol what type of towing do you plan on doing?
Back to top Go down
13mudman13

PostSubject: Re: What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor?   What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2012, 8:27 pm

Just for anything really because i dont have a four wheeler and all the trails i ride on are deep as shit! So i need a tow tractor for when i get stuck. I was gonna get a early 70s cub but when i got to the guys house he said that he wanted 150 for it and i said no and left
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor?   What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor? Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2012, 9:58 pm

i wish i could find a cub for 150 lol around here there all 400-700 and if restored there more lol
only down falt i found with a garden tractor compared to a lwan tractor is there more heavy so they sink more and can get stuck faster
Back to top Go down
13mudman13

PostSubject: Re: What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor?   What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor? Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2012, 8:07 pm

Yea but when they sink then they rlly throw the mud!!
Back to top Go down
murrayman96
murrayman96

PostSubject: Re: What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor?   What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 1:23 pm

i would use a GT or lawn tractor with a v twin. there is a user on youtube IDK his user name, but he made one out of a lawn tractor. if you type tow tractor into the youtube search i think it will come up. the one problem with a tow tractor is you need sothing to weight the front cause it will wheelie if you dont.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor?   What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2012, 10:05 pm

My first offroad build started as a 80's agway - i like the tractor too much to hack it up for further mods, so when i got the chance to buy a 90's GT murray - I put the agway back to stock and eventually will build the GT up for trail/offroading , since it has 1" rear axle out of the trans and 1" front spindles .

Be a perfect machine for a 4x4 conversion eventually.... some year id like to build my craftsman GT6000 into a monster mud machine 4x4 - its on hold because theres really no mud around....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor?   What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would be a good tractor for a tow tractor?
Page 1 of 1