All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

need a better clutch for my 1987 murry rear engine ridder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
murryforever123
murryforever123

rear - need a better clutch for my 1987 murry rear engine ridder Empty
PostSubject: need a better clutch for my 1987 murry rear engine ridder   rear - need a better clutch for my 1987 murry rear engine ridder Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2012, 1:32 pm

anyone have a good idea it has for a clutch for my murry it has a pulley swap but i dont have alot of room to work with on there???
Back to top Go down
murryforever123
murryforever123

PostSubject: Re: need a better clutch for my 1987 murry rear engine ridder   rear - need a better clutch for my 1987 murry rear engine ridder Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2012, 1:40 pm

[quote="murryforever123"]anyone have a good idea it has for a clutch for my murry it has a pulley swap but i dont have alot of room to work with on there alsoo i have it to were i push the clutch in. it tightens the belt thats good when it dry when i gets wet it just sits there and spins cuzz it has no grip!!1
Back to top Go down
moremorelawnmowers
moremorelawnmowers

PostSubject: Re: need a better clutch for my 1987 murry rear engine ridder   rear - need a better clutch for my 1987 murry rear engine ridder Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 9:01 pm

The easiest thing to do is get a tighter belt and / or a tighter clutch spring. Another thing you can do to tighten up you clutch spring is to drill a new hole in the frame and mount it further away from the pulley so the spring has more tension on it. It is alot easier than building a new clutch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/moremorelawnmowers?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need a better clutch for my 1987 murry rear engine ridder   rear - need a better clutch for my 1987 murry rear engine ridder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need a better clutch for my 1987 murry rear engine ridder
Page 1 of 1