All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Type of Belt

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
indianaboy93

Type of Belt Empty
PostSubject: Type of Belt   Type of Belt Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2010, 11:36 pm

hey guys. i was wondering if just any kind of belt would be fine for a slightly modded tractor. i've used the green woven belts but they are more money than the regular old black ones.
my question is, can i get by with just a basic black rubber belt or should i get a woven belt?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Type of Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type of Belt   Type of Belt Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2010, 6:06 am

You can use regular belts- they just wont last as long - the red and green kevlar ones are the best types, but are expensive as y found out.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Type of Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type of Belt   Type of Belt Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2010, 8:32 am

I found a company called marksman industires (I'll have to check that name) that give you belts in any length for very cheap, I got the really long belt for my mudder for I think £25 or seomthing delivered and its a kevlar belt. Great service too.

You could get away with a black one, but IMO its worth spending the extra for a much longer lasting belt!

EDIT: http://www.marksman-ind.com/ there's their site!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

Type of Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type of Belt   Type of Belt Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2010, 8:34 am

Dangeroustoys56 and chunk are right,

if it's a lower speed machine, (less then 15 ish mph) then you should be fine. If you do alot of clutching or if its a high speed machine then it wouldn't last too long. Woven belts are made to slip, rubber belts are more for stuff like car engines or something thats always engaged and doesn't slip as much.

Tractor supply co. has lots of good belts for cheap.
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
indianaboy93

Type of Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type of Belt   Type of Belt Icon_minitimeMay 24th 2010, 3:42 pm

i'll probably go with one of the green woven belts. just have to pay a little bit more money. i have one now for my mower and it has lasted two years and is still good. just thought maybe i could save some money lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Type of Belt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Type of Belt   Type of Belt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Type of Belt
Page 1 of 1