All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor

Go down 
+4
TennesseeCowboy
gearheadmike
rex4x4
Theworktractor
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Theworktractor

tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor    tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2012, 5:58 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
My 94 murray has a shift on the go trans - its an interesting setup , when the handle is moved in, it automatically activates the clutch , so you can shift w/o clutching - its a regular peerless 6 speed transmission underneath.

I planned on rebuilding my murray, but more i think about it, more i might end up hacking the shift on go setup out and weld it in a parts craftsman chassis - be easier to lower it that way then refigure the murray setup, then mount the murray sheetmetal on it.

Do you know how i can adjust my clutch? when ever I have it all the way pressed in it still likes to move like its not loosening enough and the belt is still gripping. also when it is on i find it hard to get into neutral or even shifting at all some times!
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor    tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2012, 6:07 pm

Theworktractor wrote:
dangeroustoys56 wrote:
My 94 murray has a shift on the go trans - its an interesting setup , when the handle is moved in, it automatically activates the clutch , so you can shift w/o clutching - its a regular peerless 6 speed transmission underneath.

I planned on rebuilding my murray, but more i think about it, more i might end up hacking the shift on go setup out and weld it in a parts craftsman chassis - be easier to lower it that way then refigure the murray setup, then mount the murray sheetmetal on it.

Do you know how i can adjust my clutch? when ever I have it all the way pressed in it still likes to move like its not loosening enough and the belt is still gripping. also when it is on i find it hard to get into neutral or even shifting at all some times!

If its stock there might be an adjuster on it already. Just look for the linkage from the pedal to the clutch and there should be this piece where the rod from the clutch goes through then has a side in come out where it attaches to the pedal. If it has that you can just take it off and screw it to the end more. If not, youll have to extend the rod its self.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Theworktractor
Theworktractor

PostSubject: Re: 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor    tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2012, 6:16 pm

yeah it has the adjuster i just dont know if i have to loosen or tighten it
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor    tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2012, 6:35 pm

I dont know how to explain what im talking about really. But ultimately what you want to do is make the rod longer.

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down
Theworktractor
Theworktractor

PostSubject: Re: 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor    tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2012, 9:17 pm

Doug Fackler wrote:
I dont know how to explain what im talking about really. But ultimately what you want to do is make the rod longer.

okay so i have to lossen it but thanks! im gonna pull the trans tommoro or sometime soon to lock it and put new grease unless i find another tractor, still lookin for one!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor    tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2012, 8:25 am

My MTD mastercut had a 'crawling' issue - had to do with the neutral setting. The clutch on a MTD is intregral with the variable pulley- on mine the brakes were pretty much useless holding it back. Once i readjusted it, it stopped normally, but it still goes pretty quick in high gear.

The MTD owners manual explains how to adjust both.

Back to top Go down
Theworktractor
Theworktractor

PostSubject: Re: 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor    tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2012, 8:29 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
My MTD mastercut had a 'crawling' issue - had to do with the neutral setting. The clutch on a MTD is intregral with the variable pulley- on mine the brakes were pretty much useless holding it back. Once i readjusted it, it stopped normally, but it still goes pretty quick in high gear.

The MTD owners manual explains how to adjust both.

so by adjusting the bar connected to the pulley it should fix it?
Back to top Go down
Theworktractor
Theworktractor

PostSubject: Re: 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor    tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 12:13 am

Well no updates really yet because we just got pounded on with almost a foot and a half of snow so i cant really get into my shop with out plowing the lawn. still debating on using the stock trans and locking it or getting a hole other tractor or trans and go from there. any suggestions? seems like most people "look down on" the FNR transmissions and i personally now hate it because its not responsive even if i try to pop the clutch and doesnt want to shift into neutral with out rocking it and if im on a hill or slope im f***** and have to shut it off. if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know! Neutral
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor    tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 1:11 am

Id get something geared. Just find one off a broken tractor. Those FNR transmissions are finicky, mine didnt like to shift either unless it was moving ever so slowly.

Your ATLTF Staff:

Back to top Go down
Theworktractor
Theworktractor

PostSubject: Re: 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor    tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2012, 1:25 am

Doug Fackler wrote:
Id get something geared. Just find one off a broken tractor. Those FNR transmissions are finicky, mine didnt like to shift either unless it was moving ever so slowly.

I think what i am going to do is buy a dynamark 12/36 off of my friend for $65 and put this motor on it and save this tractor for another project when i get my hands on another motor for it

EDIT: I think the dynamark is too far gone (cracked grill which is hard to find,hack job wiring, no seat,steering is really stiff and pivoting axle moves back and forth even though its all the ways tight) also the frame seems pretty cheesy with the foot rests all one piece and its small compared to the agway SOO what im getting to is that i will purchase the dynamark for 60 and use the 3 speed tranny for the agway and use the rest for parts and eventually scrap it so im making like 30 bucks back anyways.
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor   tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2013, 3:05 pm

sounds good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor    tractor - 1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1990 AGWAY work/off road tractor
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2