All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

So I'm standing here.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

So I'm standing here. Empty
PostSubject: So I'm standing here.   So I'm standing here. Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2013, 10:33 pm

Looking around my garage/shop/barn/hangout.

I notice, a pulley I picked up several years ago, I'd pretty much forgotten about it. It was on a shelf under my bench

So I took a little look at some of the other stuff, i'd put on that shelf and almost forgotten about.

Top shelf tally is as follows.

Dell 230 watt AT power supplyfor a pentium 2

1 x 11" cast iron spoke pulley, with a swappable taperd bore. Current hub size 5/8" bore.

got it of a scrap 40hp air compressor, probably 15 years ago.

10" pulley 5/8" bore, satmped steel, i forget where I got i
Collection of tapered bearings, with races, from 1" to 4" bore size.

Battery warmer, small 1/2 inch bore pulleys,alternator fan, handlebars for an exersize bike. .....

Theres just too much to mention. And thats only the top shelf

I need to have a garage sale for tinkerers, and scrap what I can't sell.

Last edited by Chopperhed on February 8th 2013, 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: So I'm standing here.   So I'm standing here. Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2013, 10:33 pm

Oh and I just found a chain saw engine modified with a pulley drive, I was going to use it in a small river boat years ago. forgot about it.
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: So I'm standing here.   So I'm standing here. Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2013, 10:56 pm

We had a yard sale a few months ago - i put a bunch of stuff out, including a set of atv wheels, a small 3HP motor that didnt run, a crappy rusty yard trailer and two mountain bikes .

Bikes i had for $10 each - they literally flew out of there ( knew shoulda had more $ on them) - trailer sold for $15, motor sold for $5 , even had some free stuff that went - i put $20 on the ATV wheels ( for all 4) - two had new tread and screwed up rims , two were worn, the worn tread ones had decent rims - had one offer for $10 on them - i sed " Nope - $20 is it, and thats dirt cheep specially since those new like tires go for $70 or so."

Guy sed he might come over later that day and i said " theyll be $60 for all 4 then".

Ill keep em till our next sale or put em on something by then - debating about putting more tractor stuff out next time. Last time i gave up some stuff i ended up needing it....

Stuff i thought wouldnt sell, sold, stuff i thought would sell didnt. We made $300 tho for the one day we had the sale.

Key is to advertise early what you have for sale, and pre mark everything before the sale - i managed to get these large self standing signs from work free, i spray painted 'yard sale' on it - one on each end of the connecting street and end of our street.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm standing here.   So I'm standing here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I'm standing here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: