All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!

Go down 
+29
crazykid1994
k2500life
numbnutz
muddstir
Ddwannabe
mudmonkey06
redlinemotorsportts
Kel
WellThatsSurprising
SkiLLz
redneck999
genegillis5
xxXMowerdudeXxx
dylansrockinrigs
Chopperhed
gearheadmike
Thunderdivine
Murray modder
richie thomas
TheRainbowBoxer
Tractor Man Jeff
matthew sidor
truckin42
avrappy
Stretch44875
THE MTD GUY
Doug
W1ldyOvvnZ
fireman
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
fireman

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2013, 10:09 pm

Got home and assembled hub and spindle and slid it on the old spindle. Cut out a piece of 1" X 1/4" steel bar to weld in as a gusset to strengthen it up so it doesn't end up bending. Looks great! Can't wait to hit the shop tomorrow and get cracking. I should the front done by noon!
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2013, 10:46 pm

So the front end is almost finshed.
Cant wait to see this thing out and driving.
Back to top Go down
fireman

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2013, 3:17 pm

So after I spent an hour and a half snow blowing and shoveling the 6 inches of snow we got last night, I hit the work shop and finished up the front end. Welded on the new spindles and gusset plates then put the hubs and tires/rims on. Now to take my measurements so I can fabricate the rear hubs. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking:

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0113_zpscf426ec3

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0114_zpsdce6a88a

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0115_zps38805aa9

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0116_zpsf491b6ac

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0117_zpse779d4f2

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0118_zpsc17c877f

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0119_zps3654f9f0

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0120_zps9be98d49

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0121_zps2353da9a

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0122_zpsd998f25b

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0123_zps189c1d03

Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2013, 3:34 pm

Very Very nice work!

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2013, 3:44 pm

Very nice, thanks for keeping us up to date, looks close to being finished! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mudmonkey06
mudmonkey06

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2013, 4:10 pm

I cant wait to see the finished result
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2013, 7:11 pm

It looks good.
Its comin together.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2013, 8:09 pm

Looking good! Did you machine those spindle adapters yourself?
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2013, 9:32 pm

well done, good solid work
Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
Ddwannabe
Ddwannabe

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2013, 10:50 pm

WOW!
um ya
wow
very well done i think you wont have any problems because you have really put some hard work in this
Back to top Go down
fireman

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2013, 2:29 pm

gearheadmike,
No I didn't make them. These along with the hubs, bearings, lung nuts, grease seals, and bearing caps came from Ebay as a package. It was $60 for 2 sets of everything. These spindles are normally for welding on as replacement for a trailer. All I had to do was cut down the mounting end to fit my needs and bore a 3/4" hole so it would slide on to the existing spindle. I then welded in that gusset to keep the existing spindle from bending due to the tires being out wider than normal.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2013, 2:45 pm

Ok cause i think im going to need something like that for my front spindles on my lifted project
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2013, 3:50 pm

Very very nice.
Back to top Go down
fireman

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 8:14 pm

Here's the two pieces of steel pipe for the hubs. Hopefully I'll have the other pieces on Friday and finish it this weekend!

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0124_zps8d60c0fe
Back to top Go down
Tractor Man Jeff
Tractor Man Jeff

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2013, 10:08 pm

Wow wow WOW! Very nice work. Nice welding. Nice everything. Laughing Will look great in shows and parades.
Back to top Go down
fireman

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2013, 9:51 am

Got the end caps today. Just need to get the 3/4" id steel with keyway to put through the middle and then weld them all together.

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 IMAG0086_zps27473140

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 IMAG0087_zps5b1f481c
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2013, 9:00 pm

looks good man i like that idea your build is alot cleaner than mine lol Rolling Eyes but mine is for mud, yours is a show so it has to be clean Smile really enjoyed watching this come together
Back to top Go down
muddstir
muddstir

2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2013, 11:36 pm

Thats one nice clean craftsman you got there. I've really enjoyed your build, keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
truckin42
Veteran Member
truckin42
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2013, 8:32 am

fireman wrote:
Got the end caps today. Just need to get the 3/4" id steel with keyway to put through the middle and then weld them all together.

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 IMAG0086_zps27473140

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 IMAG0087_zps5b1f481c
I like those hubs i might do the same design for my mud mower.
Back to top Go down
fireman

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2013, 8:26 pm

Haven't been able to make any progress since my last post. Normally I'm a Fire Fighter and work 24 hours on, then have 3 days off then 24 hours on and so on. Two of our FD mechanics are out on long term sick leave and being as the powers to be knew I went to school for Automotive, I have been special detailed down to our garage which I work straight days. They are so far behind I have been putting in 14 hour days since i've been there. I am so tired when I get home I just go to bed. When the weekend comes I don't even want to see any tools. Hopefully it won't last too long but I don't know. These guys probably aren't going to be back to work for at least 3 months. I'm in the home stretch on the tractor and really don't have far to go. We'll just have to see how it plays out.
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2013, 8:31 pm

its all good man, you got work, by all means enjoy it lol, we will be here waiting when you start back on it
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2013, 8:46 pm

Stuff happens. My welder broke, so ive had 0 progress for 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
numbnutz

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2013, 9:01 pm

awesome build got same chassie thanks for the great ideas keep them pics coming thanks Les
Back to top Go down
numbnutz

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMay 12th 2013, 9:11 pm

also can you get some info on the lift table that's also very cool thanks Les
Back to top Go down
fireman

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2013, 12:29 pm

Been a while because it's been crazy at work. I finally ordered the pieces I need to finish the rear hubs. Hopefully they will be here mid next week so I can get this on the ground and take it for a test ride before I paint all the metal I added. I really want to get this finished and off the lift.

Speaking of the lift, numbnutz asked about information it. There is no markings what so ever anywhere on it. I have tried to find information on it when I first found it but no luck. Have never seen another one like it.
Back to top Go down
fireman

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2013, 9:47 pm

My shaft couplers showed up today while I was at work. Got home at 7:30pm, had some dinner, then went down to the shop to see what I can get done. I welded three of the shaft couplers together and slid them onto the existing axle shaft with keystock and set screws. Slid on the adapter plates and tube and bolted on the rim and tire. All the work of measuring worked out great. The tires are inline with the fronts. Now I just need to finish welding the first hub together and then weld the second one together. That will be tomorrow afternoon. I hope to go for a ride right after that!

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0147_zps69d5198c

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0146_zpsb35e21b8

drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 DSCN0145_zps32c04683
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!   drive - Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Been lurking awhile, first post with new project. Lifted Craftsman!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next