All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Foote transaxles.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBeal
Veteran Member
TheBeal
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Foote transaxles. Empty
PostSubject: Foote transaxles.   Foote transaxles. Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2013, 12:01 pm

So I have 2 Foote transaxles, 4 and 5 speed. I am told I can get 15-20mph out of em....
Ill be using one on my craftsman build... but the other came from a lawnchief... I had thought about building a "racing" one just to fool around with.

How much speed could I get out of one before it blows? 30? 35? 99.98?!?! Shocked
What kind of modifications/maintenance can help prolong its usefulness? That can easily be done anyways...

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MurrayMayhem
MurrayMayhem

Foote transaxles. Empty
PostSubject: Helllo   Foote transaxles. Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2013, 12:30 pm

I have one and it is a 4 speed, it has no shifter balls so it doesn't work, but i'll just use bb's. and it will work.
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

Foote transaxles. Empty
PostSubject: lol   Foote transaxles. Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2013, 12:33 pm

I gave you that Foote MurrayMayhem because I broke it
Back to top Go down
Murray modder
Murray modder

Foote transaxles. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foote transaxles.   Foote transaxles. Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2013, 6:23 pm

TheBeal wrote:
So I have 2 Foote transaxles, 4 and 5 speed. I am told I can get 15-20mph out of em....
Ill be using one on my craftsman build... but the other came from a lawnchief... I had thought about building a "racing" one just to fool around with.

How much speed could I get out of one before it blows? 30? 35? 99.98?!?! Shocked
What kind of modifications/maintenance can help prolong its usefulness? That can easily be done anyways...

Thanks!

Oil fill it if its not already. I actually used Manual transmission fluid for my peerless, hasn't wined or anything yet. Mine ran about 20 or so, going much faster than that got scary. Any sort of real racing mower needs a direct steering setup if it was up to me. They'd need a new steering geometry as well, these things are made to have a tight turn radius at slow speeds, but when going 20 MPH, your going way faster than originally planed, so the front tires end up skidding, and you ant turn to well.
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Veteran Member
TheBeal
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Foote transaxles. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foote transaxles.   Foote transaxles. Icon_minitimeJune 13th 2013, 11:37 am

Oh yeah, Id certainly make the steering much better.
I just want to know how much speed I can get out of the transaxle. If I can only get about 20 or so I could live with that and make another mudder type.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foote transaxles. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foote transaxles.   Foote transaxles. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foote transaxles.
Page 1 of 1