All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Clutching seperate from brakes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thevinnieman92
Thevinnieman92

Clutching seperate from brakes Empty
PostSubject: Clutching seperate from brakes   Clutching seperate from brakes Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 10:20 pm

Does anyone have an idea how to clutch on the go with a manual? or how someone one would be able to make the clutch seperate from the brakes? I like riding out wheelies but cant cause when i shift the front drops done.
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: Clutching seperate from brakes   Clutching seperate from brakes Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 10:27 pm

well with my tractor since i pulley swaped it i have to be able to shift cause theres not enough power to start in 6 gear. i dont know if its just my tractor but i can push my clutch/brake in half way and shift . ive gotten pretty good at it Razz i also have a nother tractor that has a separate clutch an brake already
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
indianaboy93

PostSubject: Re: Clutching seperate from brakes   Clutching seperate from brakes Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 10:28 pm

on my manual i can hold the pedal halfway and still be going and shift. idk if its hard on the trani though
Back to top Go down
Thevinnieman92
Thevinnieman92

PostSubject: Re: Clutching seperate from brakes   Clutching seperate from brakes Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 10:31 pm

Ive tried that before and it just trys to stop, it also bind
up the chain in the back causing it to sorta skip.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clutching seperate from brakes   Clutching seperate from brakes Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 11:37 pm

I make all my mowers with a a separate clutch and brake pedal, i like having brake pedal clutch pedal and throttle pedal just like a car, put the brake on the inner rite floor board and the throttle on the outer and the clutch just stays where it is.
Back to top Go down
Thevinnieman92
Thevinnieman92

PostSubject: Re: Clutching seperate from brakes   Clutching seperate from brakes Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 11:39 pm

Nice, how do you set. It up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clutching seperate from brakes   Clutching seperate from brakes Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 11:48 pm

Thevinnieman92 wrote:

Any way that will work! geek

Cable from the end of the pedal to the butterfly on the carb, and for the brakes i just run a rod from the pedal and then back to the stock brakes on the transaxle ( this setup is recommended for 25mph and down) anything more do a disc brake on the axle it self.

I don't have any mowers with this setup rite now cause all of them are still being built, my old one that is in my icon pic is the one that had the three pedals but hade a strait axle with disc brakes cause it went 60mph, that mower is no more. Sad

My 20mph old off roader was the one with stock transaxle brakes with the pedal, i crashed that mower at full speed into a tree and flipped it so the frame was bent so i parted that out out too. Rolling Eyes

Next one i build the three pedal setup on i'll take some good pics for the forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clutching seperate from brakes   Clutching seperate from brakes Icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2010, 11:56 pm

TRcustomengineering719 wrote:
Thevinnieman92 wrote:

Any way that will work! geek

Cable from the end of the pedal to the butterfly on the carb, and for the brakes i just run a rod from the pedal and then back to the stock brakes on the transaxle ( this setup is recommended for 25mph and down) anything more do a disc brake on the axle it self.

I don't have any mowers with this setup rite now cause all of them are still being built, my old one that is in my icon pic is the one that had the three pedals but hade a strait axle with disc brakes cause it went 60mph, that mower is no more. Sad

My 20mph old off roader was the one with stock transaxle brakes with the pedal, i crashed that mower at full speed into a tree and flipped it so the frame was bent so i parted that out out too. Rolling Eyes

Next one i build the three pedal setup on i'll take some good pics for the forum.

Sorry i just changed my icon pic, the old one was the 60mph mower!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutching seperate from brakes   Clutching seperate from brakes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clutching seperate from brakes
Page 1 of 1