All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2020 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-Hillbilly Offroading . . . 2-darkside0914
HASPIN 2021 . . . Wednesday June 23rd through Sunday June 27th.
2021 Top Tractor Challenge August 14 competition –August 15 competitors ride, Pymatuning Pennsylvania **INFO HERE**
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

Forum Rep : 3

Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.  Empty
PostSubject: Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.    Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:22 pm

Have a failed success story you wanna share? It may teach someone later on down the road, learn from your mistakes, lots of headaches, or prove someones original idea as a bad one.

My experience was when i build my clutch on the wrong side of the tractor, it suppose to be on the slack side. The engine pulls the belt from the rear pulley to the front, and you dont want a clutch there, you want it to be tight like a rope. This pic illustrates what i was dealing with on my setup.

Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.  Clutch11

whos mans is this
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Administrator
Stretch44875

Forum Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.    Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:24 pm

But all my ideas work!
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

PostSubject: Re: Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.    Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:07 pm

@Stretch44875 wrote:
But all my ideas work!
There has to be something that either didn't work, didn't work very well, or not good enough to the point where you wouldn't recommend doing it.  Razz 

whos mans is this
Back to top Go down
TroyBilt Pony
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
TroyBilt Pony

Forum Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.    Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:10 pm

i would not recommend putting a much larger engine pulley on a unit w/ vari drive. My pony did 23mph (GPS) w/ 7 inch engine and 7.25 transaxle. Id much rather have gone a 4 inch motor to 4 inch transaxle after my vari bombed Very Happy Turning a peak of 5700 RPM didnt help much either
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

PostSubject: Re: Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.    Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Woah, you can sense engine rpm? Forget the tach I want, I'll just drill a hole and put you in my dash!  lol! 

whos mans is this
Back to top Go down
TroyBilt Pony
Monkey Wrench
Monkey Wrench
TroyBilt Pony

PostSubject: Re: Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.    Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:22 pm

@redlinemotorsportts wrote:
Woah, you can sense engine rpm? Forget the tach I want, I'll just drill a hole and put you in my dash!   lol! 
Lol i got the el cheapamatic 13 dollar tach off ebay lol
Back to top Go down
crafsmankiller
Screwdriver
Screwdriver

PostSubject: Re: Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.    Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 11:56 am

if you have a RER with a seperate axle, dont fill the diff with glue, it doesnt make it posi-trac, instead it gums up and turns rubbery
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Hammer
Hammer
1997 Murray

Forum Rep : 2

PostSubject: Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.   Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 1:07 pm

don't use a long bolt and peces of flatbar to extend a short shift shaft, it just bends and breaks the case.Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.  Projec49
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.    Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tractor tips/tricks & mod's that DIDN'T WORK.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: General Tractor Talk-
Jump to: