All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Craftsman GT II My first AT Tractor

Go down 
+11
crafsmankiller
T-Dub13
redlinemotorsportts
Creepycrawler
Doc Sprocket
richie thomas
TheRainbowBoxer
1997 Murray
Doug
Lawren Wimberly
Krawler86
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Krawler86

2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

craftsman - Craftsman GT II  My first AT Tractor - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT II My first AT Tractor   craftsman - Craftsman GT II  My first AT Tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2014, 8:57 pm

Oh man, i got the transaxle mounted up in the frame and stuck the rear wheels on.  None of the tires have any air in them, so they actually clear the rear fenders.  Kind of nice, so i can leave them on while i trim them out.  I dont want to get a hand or fingers between the treadblocks and sheetmetal.  I think i also need to figure out a flare.  The tires stick a few inches outside the fender, and will probably just cover me with crap.  Man these tires and new stance give this rig a serious boost of burliness.

Its a nice thing to wake up and see sitting in the livingroom.  Makes me smile.

craftsman - Craftsman GT II  My first AT Tractor - Page 4 Img_3225

craftsman - Craftsman GT II  My first AT Tractor - Page 4 Img_3226
Back to top Go down
jack9102
jack9102

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT II My first AT Tractor   craftsman - Craftsman GT II  My first AT Tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2014, 12:04 pm

GIT BACK ON IT Very Happy I've always loved this build and am just getting back into the ATLTF swing myself! GIT R DONE Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Krawler86
Krawler86

2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT II My first AT Tractor   craftsman - Craftsman GT II  My first AT Tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2014, 3:24 am

This build unfortunately is on hold again, since i am moving. My new place will not be easy enough to sneak a tractor in piece by piece, which totally sucks. Its still going to be completed, im just trying to find a place to keep it. Im really hoping my friend will lend me a small space in his garage (dude that welded my diff up), that would give me much better tools, welders, and all kinds of more fun things to play with. So over the past couple weeks ive taken it back down to a frame and all its pieces. Getting ready for the move. But an upside, is i picked up a '99 Tacoma, so i can transport it up to TSF for wheelin, i cant wait for that day to come.

I always thought it would be awesome to do a wheelin / camping weekend, but with tractors. Too bad there hardly seems to be any Oregon tractorheads here.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT II My first AT Tractor   craftsman - Craftsman GT II  My first AT Tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2014, 9:48 am

Krawler86 wrote:
This build unfortunately is on hold again, since i am moving.  My new place will not be easy enough to sneak a tractor in piece by piece, which totally sucks.  Its still going to be completed, im just trying to find a place to keep it.  Im really hoping my friend will lend me a small space in his garage (dude that welded my diff up), that would give me much better tools, welders, and all kinds of more fun things to play with.  So over the past couple weeks ive taken it back down to a frame and all its pieces.  Getting ready for the move.  But an upside, is i picked up a '99 Tacoma, so i can transport it up to TSF for wheelin, i cant wait for that day to come.  

I always thought it would be awesome to do a wheelin / camping weekend, but with tractors.  Too bad there hardly seems to be any Oregon tractorheads here.
Thanks for the update at least, im a big fan of the build and its nice that the thread isnt to stale even if you cant help it, sooner or later it will get done i imagine, and pretty badass too. One step at a time i guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman GT II My first AT Tractor   craftsman - Craftsman GT II  My first AT Tractor - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craftsman GT II My first AT Tractor
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4