All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

first project

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

first project Empty
PostSubject: first project   first project Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2010, 7:30 pm

i have 2 craftsmen i building and like to post it will post pictures soon
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

first project Empty
PostSubject: Re: first project   first project Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 6:25 am

Craftsmans are good tractors to use Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids

first project Empty
PostSubject: Re: first project   first project Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 6:12 pm

i also have an old mtd rider last night i got running but it has the 2 drive belts and its stuck in 3 out of 7 which is really slow so im thinking about using the engine off that on another craftsmen frame i have
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

first project Empty
PostSubject: Re: first project   first project Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2010, 9:15 pm

Actually MTDs dont have any gearing to speak of- its just a variable pulley making different ratios to a single speed transaxle. MTD's arent really that fast to begin with either - im proving it in my mild mod MTD build- but with extensive mods and lowering, itll get alot faster.

Most times the vari pulley freezes up with rust or the linkages get adjusted wrong.

What type of tractor are you building? Off road or speeder? Speeders need tons more work then an offroader , more for saftey's sake , both need decent brakes and suggested helmit use.
Back to top Go down

first project Empty
PostSubject: Re: first project   first project Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 1:59 am

im just going to take the engine off and other good things then scrap the frame i had an mtd befroe and i put alot of money into it that i didnt want to
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

first project Empty
PostSubject: Re: first project   first project Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 10:37 am

I had a craftsman and murray hot rods- craftsman wouldve needed the clutch relocated ( contacted the motor pulley) , IF i hadnt trashed the original trans- murray was too fast and unstable- itll get redone sometime.

Actually i have 3 MTD based tractors on the table- my mild mod, a 80s wizard ( changed into a go kart) and a full blown hot rod rat rod out of a 69 wheelhorse and 2003 bolens.
Back to top Go down

first project Empty
PostSubject: Re: first project   first project Icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2010, 2:59 pm

i like craftsmen alot better then mtd i think im just going to swap engines
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

first project Empty
PostSubject: Re: first project   first project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

first project
Page 1 of 1