All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Twin Stacks

Go down 
+2
redzz02
Murrayman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Murrayman
Murrayman

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: Twin Stacks   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2011, 8:34 am

Im planing on putting twin stacks on my 2002 murray widebody I think it wouls sound really nice but im ina small neighborhppd where people dont like noise so im thinkin of putting on a hollow can from the headers than running the stacks out from the side of that and i feeel like this should muffle the sound a little because i still want it to be loud, the actual stacks are going to be 2" by 2' with weather caps. So someone please tell me if my muffler idea is good or give me some pointers to somehting better.
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Site VIP
redzz02
Site VIP

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2015
1st Place Winner Build-Off 2015
1st Place Build-Off 2017
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2017
1st Place Build-Off 2018
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2018

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twin Stacks   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2011, 7:14 pm

that is a dumb idea Wink quiet???? cause your nieghbors dont like noise? who care i make my stuff as loud as posible just to piss my nieghbors off Very Happy hehe but yea if you want it quieter id run one of the small tractor exhaust from TSC or one of those 8hp briggs mufflers they sound pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Murrayman
Murrayman

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twin Stacks   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2011, 8:46 pm

I dont want it quiet its just that with the straight pipes it has right now it is actually kind of annoying and it doesnt have a good tone so i thought with the can and the 2 inch stacks it would be a little deeper of a sound and the stacks will look sweet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Site VIP
redzz02
Site VIP

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2015
1st Place Winner Build-Off 2015
1st Place Build-Off 2017
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2017
1st Place Build-Off 2018
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2018

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twin Stacks   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2011, 10:30 pm

yea some of my straight pipes sound like ass, but my buddys twin has daul 8hp exhaust and it isnt loud but sounds cool
Back to top Go down
Ropertractor14
Ropertractor14

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twin Stacks   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitimeMarch 3rd 2011, 3:37 pm

I started with 1" chair legs, then welded tapered table legs on. Gave me a pretty crazy sounding twin. Not too loud though.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GMCsierra1500
Crazymudder
Crazymudder

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: hahaha   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 2:00 pm

how ironic is this i have twin stacks on mine with rain caps its funny after you've drive your tractor for a while turn it off pour a little bit of atf in the exhaust and theres a smoke show ill send some pics of my stacks pretty soon i would still totally do stacks there pricey but and loud but sound good my neighbor thought we got a quad when i was driving my tractor

Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twin Stacks   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 2:50 pm

Ropertractor14 wrote:
I started with 1" chair legs, then welded tapered table legs on. Gave me a pretty crazy sounding twin. Not too loud though.

Dude..., that sounds perfect!!
I love the low back pressure sound when you let off the gas... afro
Back to top Go down
Crazymudder
Crazymudder

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twin Stacks   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 10:27 pm

do you live in bear detroit mi how old are you
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twin Stacks   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2011, 11:34 pm

Birdmango wrote:
do you live in bear detroit mi how old are you
I live in Bear, Delaware and I'm 16.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twin Stacks   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2011, 6:50 am

I had open 'shorty' headers on my briggs twin powered murray - sounded pretty mean, was definitely loud, but wasnt good for the motor- motors need bit of back pressure to keep em from frying valves. When my new mod gets underway , im going to put a couple side pipes on it - thats the look im after.

Chunk put a couple of small mufflers on his machine - check out his thread.

If the stacks are tall enough, itll actually be somewhat quiet - because the noise is going higher then the surrounding area.
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twin Stacks   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2011, 1:10 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
I had open 'shorty' headers on my briggs twin powered murray - sounded pretty mean, was definitely loud, but wasnt good for the motor- motors need bit of back pressure to keep em from frying valves. When my new mod gets underway , im going to put a couple side pipes on it - thats the look im after.

Chunk put a couple of small mufflers on his machine - check out his thread.

If the stacks are tall enough, itll actually be somewhat quiet - because the noise is going higher then the surrounding area.

Yeah, I wont ever run anything without some kind of muffler.
Back to top Go down
Murrayman
Murrayman

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twin Stacks   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2012, 11:29 pm

I know this thread is very old but this is how i ended up doing the stack, i went with the 8hp briggs mufflers and welded my stacks around them they look perfect and works pretty slick because i can just unscrew the stacks from the elbows.
twin - Twin Stacks Img00415
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

twin - Twin Stacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twin Stacks   twin - Twin Stacks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twin Stacks
Page 1 of 1