All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)

Go down 
+8
redlinemotorsportts
jamcco
Ghyde97
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
kawasaki220
mr.modified
Thunderdivine
Carshowkid
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Carshowkid

Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 9th 2014, 11:06 pm

Now that's a good deal
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2014, 8:35 pm

Little Update: My engine is good-as-dead to me. The coil is giving me nothing but problems. Which is a relatively cheap fix. But the expensive stuff is the stator. I'm not going to be driving my tractor around anywhere except my yard because of the coil. I found somebody on Facebook who is going to trade me an 18 hp Opposed Kohler. It's the Command-Series with pressure lube and electronic ignition. Guess what I'm going to be building out of that? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2014, 9:12 pm

Your tractor? With pictures? Lol
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2014, 9:46 pm

Carshowkid wrote:
Your tractor? With pictures? Lol

No new pictures. But I plan on getting the engine, making sure it runs, and then stripping it down to get rebuilt. If I do everything I want, I'll have a new cam, stronger rods/pistons, aluminum fly wheel, stronger valve springs, port and polish the intake, straight pipes. The whole 9 yards. I can't wait. Of course this is still the dreaming phase. I'll probably just tear it apart and clean it up a bit to say I did it. I might spend a few dollars on some rings and a gasket kit, too.

On a side note: does anybody ever wonder where the sayings we say come from? I mean, the whole 9 yards, I'd assume that to have a base in football somewhere, but I just can't think of it. Ah, Google is a wonderful thing. Nevermind. Wikipedia ruined my hopes. It is just something weird that happened.
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2014, 10:37 pm

Aluminum flywheel+removed govener=valve float at 5600 rpms!!!!
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2014, 2:18 pm

Carshowkid wrote:
Aluminum flywheel+removed govener=valve float at 5600 rpms!!!!

I was planning on getting stronger springs.
Back to top Go down
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2014, 3:31 pm

That saying is from the Army Air Corp. Back in WWII the ammo belts on 50cal machine guns were 9 yards long. So when they let someone have it they said, "I gave 'em the whole nine yards." Meaning they emptied the gun at them.
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2014, 4:22 pm

LAWN MOWER MUDDER wrote:
That saying is from the Army Air Corp.  Back in WWII the ammo belts on 50cal machine guns were 9 yards long. So when they let someone have it they said, "I gave 'em the whole nine yards." Meaning they emptied the gun at them.

Well that's interesting. I like to find stuff out like that. My chemistry teacher was talking to us about how the saying "Kick the Bucket" or "Bucket List" came to be. When people used to be hanged they would be standing on something, in this case a bucket, and they would 'kick' the bucket out from underneath you. So basically it's a "Before I Die" list. Which we all knew what it meant, just nobody could figure out where it came from. We meaning my chemistry class.
Back to top Go down
Ghyde97
Ghyde97

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2014, 4:54 pm

What program did you use to design the suspension and how do I get it?
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2014, 5:06 pm

Ghyde97 wrote:
autocad and it's free
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2014, 6:19 pm

Ghyde97 wrote:

Just like Carshowkid said, I used AutoCAD. It's free if you get the 'Education' version. It's the full version, but when you go to print your drawings it leaves a watermark on the paper so others know you are using the Education version and have not bought it. Or you can hand out $4k and buy it. But I prefer the silly watermark.
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2014, 6:34 pm

Yeah... Cause I don't know if a lot of us 15 years olds have 4k sittin around.... Lol
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2014, 10:08 am

Carshowkid wrote:
Yeah... Cause I don't know if a lot of us 15 years olds have 4k sittin around.... Lol

I know I sure don't.
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2014, 2:57 pm

TooIngenious wrote:
Carshowkid wrote:

I know I sure don't.
lol I know I don't!
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 8:18 am

Well I took my tractor out to my step dad's over in Weirsdale yesterday. Had a bunch of fun for about 15 minutes. Then my coil quit on me again. Mad It'll start back up today when I get home, though. I can't wait to get that new engine. Not only will it not quit running unless I run out of gas, but it also charges the battery! No more charging the battery after 12 starts. Lol. I'll also be able to put lights on my tractor.
Back to top Go down
Carshowkid
Carshowkid

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 9:18 am

Yay! Lights!!!
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 10:55 am

Carshowkid wrote:
Yay! Lights!!!

Yeah. I've got a couple lollipops that are going on there when I can get the charging system worked out. One of them will be a hazard light. I'm not sure what I'm doing for headlights yet. I'm thinking of using 4 lights: 2 for high beams and 2 for low beams. That seems the easiest. I'll also be getting The Duck hopefully. I want to see if I can find him with LED lights. That would be sweet.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 11:06 am

The Duck?
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 11:11 am

Thunderdivine wrote:
The Duck?

It's a hood ornament from the movie "Convoy". Real great movie. The movie was put out around 1976. It was during the trucker movement. Smokey and the Bandit pretty much overshadowed the movie, though.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 11:34 am

TooIngenious wrote:
Thunderdivine wrote:
The Duck?

It's a hood ornament from the movie "Convoy". Real great movie. The movie was put out around 1976. It was during the trucker movement. Smokey and the Bandit pretty much overshadowed the movie, though.

Yeah One of my fav. movies. So can you get the duck as a cheap hood ornament? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 11:37 am

Thunderdivine wrote:
TooIngenious wrote:
Thunderdivine wrote:
The Duck?

Yeah One of my fav. movies. So can you get the duck as a cheap hood ornament? Very Happy

Define cheap. Lol. They're like $175 for a nice casting of the original molds. The guy also sells castings that have problems with the finish (they're plated I think) for like $85. So I might be able to get a cheap one and get it stripped and plated, or however I want to get it finished. I'm not sure yet, though.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 11:43 am

TooIngenious wrote:
Thunderdivine wrote:
TooIngenious wrote:
Thunderdivine wrote:
The Duck?

Define cheap. Lol. They're like $175 for a nice casting of the original molds. The guy also sells castings that have problems with the finish (they're plated I think) for like $85. So I might be able to get a cheap one and get it stripped and plated, or however I want to get it finished. I'm not sure yet, though.

ok that's a no, lol - That's expensive. The shipping would probably kill me too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 11:45 am

Thunderdivine wrote:
ok that's a no, lol - That's expensive. The shipping would probably kill me too Very Happy

It probably would. I'm just going to watch eBay for a nice used one. As long as there aren't any cracks in the casting I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 11:46 am

TooIngenious wrote:
Thunderdivine wrote:

It probably would. I'm just going to watch eBay for a nice used one. As long as there aren't any cracks in the casting I'll be happy.

Yeah but aren't they very big also?
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 11:50 am

Thunderdivine wrote:
TooIngenious wrote:
Thunderdivine wrote:

They're a bit longer than my hand, about as wide. I can take a picture of one when I get home. My dad has a black one on his Volvo.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 11:55 am

TooIngenious wrote:
Thunderdivine wrote:
TooIngenious wrote:
Thunderdivine wrote:

They're a bit longer than my hand, about as wide. I can take a picture of one when I get home. My dad has a black one on his Volvo.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)   Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craftsman 4k (I Have Yet To Name Her)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next