All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Out with the old, in with the old.. for now

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chevyguy7783
chevyguy7783

Out with the old, in with the old.. for now Empty
PostSubject: Out with the old, in with the old.. for now   Out with the old, in with the old.. for now Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2014, 9:39 pm

Alright, so that Craftsman II I was planning on building is no longer. Apparently it didn't feel like moving a car lol
SO, found a cheap enough 12.5HP Briggs Dynamark w/ no deck and not running, showed up and he got it started.
Brought it home, needed a carb clean, air in tires (popped one off bead just by moving it), and battery charge. Put it in the backyard for a day, and found another (MTD?) 12.5 HP 38" for same price, didnt run but same exact motor so figured it could be a good parts machine. Got there and engine is completely seized, no oil in case at all, but at least no holes blown in it either. So went to start Dyna and solenoid is shot. Perfect, grabbed it off MTD, threw it in, took the carb (better shape and newer) and threw it on, and after charging the batt., she started up great this morning. Drove it around for a few min and got off to listen and it sounded like it didn't have full power, kind of stuttering. So I hit the throttle linkage by hand 3 times and the 3rd, time, POOF, shut off and white smoke pouring out exhaust. I knew it had oil, but I guess I didn't check very well because it has twice as much as it should. Looking it up I've heard head gasket or oil breather is most likely the case, since it still has compression and turns over. Anyone agree/disagree? Have ideas? Thanks! It's getting cold out (first snow last night) so any help is appreciated before I go out there blind. Also, there was some oil in the carb/airfilter tube, looked close to breather tube entrance.
Out with the old, in with the old.. for now Z80xNKB
Out with the old, in with the old.. for now BYW6Zbt
Out with the old, in with the old.. for now PsnSmWg
Back to top Go down
chevyguy7783
chevyguy7783

PostSubject: Re: Out with the old, in with the old.. for now   Out with the old, in with the old.. for now Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2014, 9:40 pm

Sorry bout the pictures, not really sure why they're that big
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Out with the old, in with the old.. for now   Out with the old, in with the old.. for now Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2014, 10:10 pm

Use the forums built in image uploader and make sure its set for Forum (800px width).

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out with the old, in with the old.. for now   Out with the old, in with the old.. for now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out with the old, in with the old.. for now
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: General Tractor Talk-
Jump to: