All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Oil Filters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Oil Filters Empty
PostSubject: Oil Filters   Oil Filters Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2015, 2:02 am

well boys its that time, 3000 miles later, time for an oil change. i run mobil 1 10-30 in my 98 ram. PO used 5 quarts pennzoil and 1 quart lucas, and was religous on K&N oil filters. i changed it back in the fall and used the last k&n filter they guy gave me. and i used Mobil1 full synthetic. no additives, no BS. now, ive heard great things about these K&N filters, and ive heard terrible things. I simply cannot fathom spending 15 bucks on an oil filter just because it has the K&N name, and a fancy socket lug on the bottom, that rips off, busts my knuckle and dumps the contents of the filter down my arm- usually burning hot oil- and that i now have to remove by jamming a screwdriver through the can.... nope, i cant do it... it was suggested by *cough* someone... *cough* that i use a fram filter. thats totally out of the question. An OCOD (orange can of death) will NEVER be fitted to ANY vehicle of mine. im thinking a NAPA gold filter, they are supposed to be WIX filters, or Purolater, one or the other. both of which are supposed to be pretty good. then theres Mopar OEM filters.

so whats your suggestions?
Wix
Purolator
NAPA gold
Mopar OEM
Other...?

going to get changed this weekend, so sooner the better
Back to top Go down
802 Customs
802 Customs

Oil Filters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters   Oil Filters Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2015, 11:06 am

As I mentioned on your facebook post get Wix, Napa Gold being the same, or the OEM that makes Mopar filters. Mopar brand, or Motorcraft, or AC Delco filters aren't made by Chrysler, Ford, or GM they are made by an OEM. I googled it and the OEM for Mopar is Purolator. So I'd say Wix or Purolator, whichever you like better.
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Oil Filters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters   Oil Filters Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2015, 12:50 pm

802 Customs wrote:
So I'd say Wix or Purolator, whichever you like better.

thats what im asking, which is the better filter? or is it a draw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oil Filters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil Filters   Oil Filters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oil Filters
Page 1 of 1