All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

cjs's sand king

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cjs1029
cjs1029

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

cjs's sand king Empty
PostSubject: cjs's sand king   cjs's sand king Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2015, 3:24 pm

i have a 1997 craftsman that i was turning in to a race mower.... kinda got bored of that idea. one day a light bulb went off in my head. sand mower! thats right! shes bein converted into the ultimate sand mower! i have a rear end locker and itp sand tires on order right now. in the mean time, i need to figure out a good pulley ratio. my thought is a 2:1. it has a stock engine pulley with a 2.5 inch pulley on the rear. it does 30mph. but it has no torque and isnt fast enough for wht i want. any ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://usamowermods.forumotion.com
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

cjs's sand king Empty
PostSubject: Re: cjs's sand king   cjs's sand king Icon_minitimeMay 4th 2015, 5:58 pm

cjs1029 wrote:
i have a 1997 craftsman that i was turning in to a race mower.... kinda got bored of that idea. one day a light bulb went off in my head. sand mower! thats right! shes bein converted into the ultimate sand mower! i have a rear end locker and itp sand tires on order right now. in the mean time, i need to figure out a good pulley ratio. my thought is a 2:1. it has a stock engine pulley with a 2.5 inch pulley on the rear. it does 30mph. but it has no torque and isnt fast enough for wht i want. any ideas?
By sand tires I take it you mean paddle tires? Do you have a stock single cylinder on it? What axle & size tires? If you want to go bigger on speed and still be able to drive I would say look into a twin (if it has a single) and a kevlar belt and maybe a different axle depending on the model.
Back to top Go down
cjs1029
cjs1029

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

cjs's sand king Empty
PostSubject: Re: cjs's sand king   cjs's sand king Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2015, 9:35 pm

its got a 13.5 horse brigs on it right now. im looking to put a vtwin on it when i have the money. its got a 3/4" peerless which i just bought a locker for and rebuilt it. still waiting for the locker to come before i re assemble it. i ordered 18x9.5-8 itp sand star paddle tires (couldnt think of the name at the time) right now im looking for a pulley swap that will allow me to use my single cylinder for now
Back to top Go down
http://usamowermods.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

cjs's sand king Empty
PostSubject: Re: cjs's sand king   cjs's sand king Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cjs's sand king
Page 1 of 1