All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Hello from Northern Ireland

Go down 
+2
MatthewD
STUNTMAN JON
6 posters
AuthorMessage
STUNTMAN JON
STUNTMAN JON

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

Hello from Northern Ireland Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2016, 9:19 am

Hi everyone,

My names Jon, and i live in Northern Ireland, been brought up around tractors and machinery from birth lol, and working at/driving them is one of my favourite things to be at.

A little over a year ago i started the build of my first mower sized tractor, i wanted to build a racer but there was no racing in NI so i 'threw out the rule book' and built my own, hopefully the picture attaches..

Then no sooner had i finished that build, and a guy over here set up the NILMRA so we had the beginnings of a race series! so i had to build another one Wink, I can't complain like, i love this stuff Wink so now i have 2 mowers and I'm officially hooked, got a 3rd one in the pipeline and looking to create some stuff like what I've seen on the forum, with more of an off road angle / utility use for on the farm.

When I'm not playing with tractors, i like mountain bikes and helping friends build and fix their own creations, got a couple of likeminded mates and together we build/fix motorbikes and cars and whatever else comes our way.

(Stuntman) Jon Wink

Back to top Go down
STUNTMAN JON
STUNTMAN JON

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2016, 9:26 am

Hello from Northern Ireland Wee_da10
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Veteran Member
MatthewD
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2016, 10:05 am

Hello! I'm from just outside the Ballymena area. You're just about half an hour from me. Could you tell me what the "NILMRA" is because I've never heard of it?
Back to top Go down
STUNTMAN JON
STUNTMAN JON

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2016, 10:14 am

Hey there

its the Northern Ireland Lawn Mower Racing Association, i had never even heard about it either until about 2 weeks before their second race lol, had to build the race mower in a bit of a hurry, there is a Facebook page but it hasn't had much input since the last race in September, the guy Cedric who was sorting it is aiming for fortnightly races in July / August he tells me and is pretty enthusiastic about making it a bigger thing over here. Its great fun like and with any luck the boys have all been making their machines faster over the winter Wink
Back to top Go down
Rockinator
Rockinator

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2016, 2:16 pm

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see that lawn mower racing is becoming a thing across the world.
Back to top Go down
STUNTMAN JON
STUNTMAN JON

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2016, 2:28 pm

thanks guy - love that murray in your avatar, that was the very first tractor i ever had as my own when i was about 10, a (mountfield) murray 11/36 with that h pattern trans, we had a wee trailer for it and everything worked it as hard as the big tractors too Wink, I'm trying to find another one over here to build for the same purpose - but now for the next generation!
Back to top Go down
Rockinator
Rockinator

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2016, 6:19 pm

That murray is undergoing a major overhaul right now, so its becoming green and black with some awesome perks. Is going to be in the build off.
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 22nd 2016, 8:01 pm

Hay Stuntman Jon,

Like your profile pic, pretty cool. Awesome little racer in the pic. Is that the one you drag race. I'm an old street racer myself. Maybe some vids of you drag racin it, Laughing

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
STUNTMAN JON
STUNTMAN JON

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 23rd 2016, 3:49 am

Thanks man, yeah thats the 'drag tractor' lol, really it was built for playing about in fields but i had to race it somewhere after seeing how quick it was, my mate louis has this camaro that he runs at the nearest strip, and we always do mechanic duties for that car when he's racing, he sorted out for the 'little B' to come racing the last time we were down. it was fun, i was most worried about jumping the light on my first run, but got a good tree and wheel stand and a 2sec 60ft.... then it topped out about 40mph lol well before the 1/8th, the engine will rev to 13000rpm, i found that out that day haha, i dunno what video i have of it if any, even forgot to turn on the go pro, theres some good pics a guy took so ill see if i can come by the link, there is a short clip of it being dragged against a full size tractor at the end of a silage edit on my youtube. it spends most of its time tho, sliding around and doing donuts, thats when i have the most fun with it, I'm gathering up a lot of pictures from when i built it so can put them up soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2016, 5:30 pm

I watched the vids on your channel on on it, that thing is quick, wow. Got to be a handfull doin 40 in a cornfield, LOL. Awesome ride man!!!
Back to top Go down
STUNTMAN JON
STUNTMAN JON

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2016, 5:36 pm

Thanks man, just put another one up there, i was teasing my bro that he had got the tractor stuck, (he hadn't like), so i went and fetched the racer and tied it onto the front, I've gotta get the chevrons back onto it for that caper, the wee slicks were fairly useless in the clay, but fun everywhere else Wink
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2016, 8:30 pm

Nice wing on the mini tractor. Thing looks pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
STUNTMAN JON
STUNTMAN JON

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2016, 2:59 pm

Thanks MM I'm trying to pull together what build photos i have here, at least enough to show you guys whats under the skin of it, also trying to paint my racer like the 46 car from days of thunder lol, i've ran out of beer so feel unusually productive tonight Wink
Back to top Go down
Creepycrawler
Established Member
Creepycrawler
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2016, 3:22 pm

I love the little david brown!
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Veteran Member
MatthewD
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2016, 3:41 pm

Aye love the wee 995. What year is she?
Back to top Go down
STUNTMAN JON
STUNTMAN JON

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitimeJanuary 27th 2016, 3:50 pm

Thanks lads, i appreciate it, well the wee one is a 2015 Wink lol unsure about the big one although i think its a later production model, David Browns went through some amount of livery changes in their time, so thats usually the first clue Wink the big yoke is a strong pulling tractor for sure and shares the same basic engine as the later Case David Brown 1390/1490/1495 etc tractors... so it could end up with a 1490/5 turbo and fuel system soon, because we need another tractor around the 100hp mark to back up another DB wee run on the farm,.. honest Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern Ireland   Hello from Northern Ireland Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Northern Ireland
Page 1 of 1