All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

67 Allis Chalmers B-10 manual/pdf?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kraken

67 Allis Chalmers B-10 manual/pdf? Empty
PostSubject: 67 Allis Chalmers B-10 manual/pdf?   67 Allis Chalmers B-10 manual/pdf? Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2016, 8:46 pm

hey guys I'm new to this but would like to see if anyone has a web address for the full owner's manual the Allis Chalmers B10 garden tractor I'm also needing a alternative gas tank as mine is bad and money is tight
Back to top Go down
Ryf

2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

67 Allis Chalmers B-10 manual/pdf? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 67 Allis Chalmers B-10 manual/pdf?   67 Allis Chalmers B-10 manual/pdf? Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2016, 9:15 pm

kraken wrote:
hey guys I'm new to this but would like to see if anyone has a web address for the full owner's manual the Allis Chalmers B10 garden tractor I'm also needing a alternative gas tank as mine is bad and money is tight

cant help you on the owners manual, whats wrong with your tank, rusted out or pinholed or just no good? There are lots of ways to make a gas tank, probably the easiest is with 50/50 solder, any metal container can have a brass reducer bushing from a plumbing supply soldered in. you can also patch most gas tanks with the same solder and a piece of a veggie can or other steel, just search for it on youtube, there are lots of risks with fixing an old gas can, so look up how to safely purge the fumes after cleaning the tank thoroughly. finding an original tank might be hard, I would look at a metal boat outboard fuel tank, they make small ones, most/many have a built in level meter, drill a hole in the bottom and solder in a bushing and your ready to go

for a dirt cheap tank, go to walmart and buy a Compressed air tank, you have to cut a bigger hole in the top, weld in a 1 1/4 pipe nipple, add a PLASTIC pipe cap, drill and solder in the brass bushing in the bottom, and your good! these run big though, I've seen gas tanks made from aluminum water bottles, for bicycles converted to power, the options are literally endless, whatever you can make fit!
Back to top Go down

67 Allis Chalmers B-10 manual/pdf?
Page 1 of 1