All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

front end wobble

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

front end wobble Empty
PostSubject: front end wobble   front end wobble Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2011, 9:46 pm

k so i took my new racer out for a ride today and i notice that around 15-20 mph i get really bad wobble in the front. i was wondering what some good ways to fix that were?

btw thats only like 2nd or 3rd gear... out of 6
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/noledroByrreK?feature=mhum
arild365
arild365

front end wobble Empty
PostSubject: Re: front end wobble   front end wobble Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2011, 9:59 pm

id take the front tires and make sure that the wheels didnt chew out the spindles , happened to one of my tractors. also check if you have steerng play. If so i think its time to make direct steer on your tractor.

Good luck

Arild
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

front end wobble Empty
PostSubject: Re: front end wobble   front end wobble Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2011, 3:58 pm

Id invest in a set of front wheels with berings in them - first off itll be smoother and itll roll faster . Id start collecting stuff to also do the direct steer as well - my murray was all over as well with stock tires and stock steering.
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

front end wobble Empty
PostSubject: Re: front end wobble   front end wobble Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2011, 4:55 pm

so i noticed today that i forgot to put the bolt that holds the steering linkage to the from the gears to the spindle back on so it added a ton of play. that will probably help alot.

but i reaaly do need direct stearing and will definitley have it in the future
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/noledroByrreK?feature=mhum
Jordan
Jordan

front end wobble Empty
PostSubject: Re: front end wobble   front end wobble Icon_minitimeMay 22nd 2011, 8:52 pm

depending on the setup you might be able to make it as tight as direct steer without going to all the work, i have an old craftsman and i took the steering all apart, that steering box that goes from the steering wheel to the tie rod can be rebuilt i took it completely apart and used the washers that normally come on the peerless axles to space everything apart so now there is little play and thats because of the tie rod ends
it used to be all over the road at full speed but now on my gravel pot hole filled driveway it stays straight
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

front end wobble Empty
PostSubject: Re: front end wobble   front end wobble Icon_minitimeMay 23rd 2011, 7:10 am

Direct steer is still better - 1st off - the steering will turn lock to lock- like a car 2nd- theres no gears to break at 30 plus mph- stock tractor steering was ment for 5mph and less .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

front end wobble Empty
PostSubject: Re: front end wobble   front end wobble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

front end wobble
Page 1 of 1