All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Dynamark steering woes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
moparjim
moparjim

Dynamark steering woes Empty
PostSubject: Dynamark steering woes   Dynamark steering woes Icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2016, 11:50 am

I have a Dynamark that I'm gonna start building for my wife. I got this tractor as a mower initially, and it needed work to run then. My question is, it has the left side old style Murray steering (crappy design), and it has always been hard to steer. I've lubricated the spindles and steering gear and everything is free, but it is still a bear to steer even while moving. is there a trick to get that system to steer better or is it just the nature of the beast? Naturally, I want to make sure its gonna be right when I turn it over to my wife, but I'm out of ideas. Also, has anyone upgraded that style of tractor to a better style steering gear setup? I'm not above adapting something like a craftsman steering gear on it too. TIA for replies.
Back to top Go down

Dynamark steering woes
Page 1 of 1