All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

hydro lawn mower wont move.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dustin138
Dustin138

hydro lawn mower wont move. Empty
PostSubject: hydro lawn mower wont move.   hydro lawn mower wont move. Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2011, 12:30 pm

Every once in a while my mower wont move. when i release the clutch/brake it stalls the engine. It does not matter if in reverse,neutral, or foward. Some times if i wiggle the belt and move it a little the mower will start to move a again. But this time my mower is suck in a half foot deep mud and water. The mower was moving then i shut it off to get some thing then when i came back to start it, it started but stalled when i put it in gear. This happened beffore ussually it is when the mower is parked on a hill. It is a 2005 Craftsman lt1000 with the Kholer 17hp OHV engine with hydrostatic trans-axel. Any ideas???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Lawn mower wont move   hydro lawn mower wont move. Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2011, 2:38 pm

sounds like a stuck brake. wet belt will cause it to slip.. but not stall the motor. could be the hydro pump locking up too.
Back to top Go down
Dustin138
Dustin138

PostSubject: Re: hydro lawn mower wont move.   hydro lawn mower wont move. Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2011, 4:42 pm

Thanks..but is was the saftey button under the seat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Lawn mower wont move   hydro lawn mower wont move. Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2011, 5:16 pm

Seat switch or bypass lever?
Back to top Go down
Dustin138
Dustin138

PostSubject: Re: hydro lawn mower wont move.   hydro lawn mower wont move. Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2011, 9:12 pm

the button uder the seat so when you stand up the mower shuts off..that button...
the button came loose..that was the problem
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Lawn mower wont move   hydro lawn mower wont move. Icon_minitimeJune 27th 2011, 9:25 pm

It sounded like the motor was bogging down under load and dying. sorry for the bad info.
I have heard that a friend of a friend ( not me) pushed the button in and shoved a cotter key in it and bent it over to jam the switch.( again not me , and I cant condone such actions) not safe on a go fast trail mower. if you flip it over and fall off, you dont want it running very long..but usually they will suck oil in the cylinder and die anyway
Back to top Go down
Dustin138
Dustin138

PostSubject: Re: hydro lawn mower wont move.   hydro lawn mower wont move. Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2011, 7:45 pm

i am not removing it under the seat beacuse i might be using a mowing deck
Back to top Go down
noledroByrreK
noledroByrreK

PostSubject: Re: hydro lawn mower wont move.   hydro lawn mower wont move. Icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2011, 8:08 pm

yea i ripped out all my wiring including the safety switches. then decided i wanted one encase i fell off so i rigged the under seat one back up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/noledroByrreK?feature=mhum
Dustin138
Dustin138

PostSubject: Re: hydro lawn mower wont move.   hydro lawn mower wont move. Icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2011, 2:42 am

yea i left every thing on because i dont know any thing about the wiring in lawn mowers and like i said i might be getting a mowing deck for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hydro lawn mower wont move.   hydro lawn mower wont move. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hydro lawn mower wont move.
Page 1 of 1