All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Clapped Out Ben
Clapped Out Ben

hydro - Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro Empty
PostSubject: Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro   hydro - Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro Icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2020, 11:23 pm

Thinking of making a new off road er that’s as fast as my other rig. This tractor is an old lawn chief with a 15.5hp Vangaurd engine with a tuff torque trans. If I pulley swap the front pulley will it make this tractor faster? Or does that only work with geared transaxles
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro   hydro - Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2020, 12:50 am

Generally speaking, it only works with geared transaxles. You may pick up a little speed but nothing like a gear driven unit, and you’ll likely burn the pump up pretty quickly
Back to top Go down
Clapped Out Ben
Clapped Out Ben

PostSubject: Re: Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro   hydro - Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2020, 9:55 am

I have a spicer 5 speed I can put in it but the pulley won’t come off it even after beating it with a hammer, I’ll try using that tuff torque as an experiment
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro   hydro - Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2020, 12:35 am

I’ve found that if you cut the pulley off and just leave the hub, take the angle grinder and cut a slot down it along the keyway, then pound a chisel or thick screwdriver in the slot they open up and slide right out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro   hydro - Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old lawn chief fast off road mower with hydro
Page 1 of 1