All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Should I buy them?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

Should I buy them? Empty
PostSubject: Should I buy them?   Should I buy them? Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2021, 2:47 pm

The outer bearings (if you can call them that) in my MST-206 for the Rat Rod are worn. I plan to install ball or roller bearings in the case, but... I don’t have a spare transaxle if something goes wrong.

So, I went to my ‘small engine’ neighbor (everyone needs one of those guys) and asked. He has an MST-something that isn’t as worn as mine. 20 bucks.

AND

He has a 633 (roper or what is it?) high/low six speed box. I think it is 3 high and 3 low with 2 reverse. He was going to use it on a project of his own, but his health is not good and he gave up on it. 20 bucks for that one.

Forty bucks for two transaxles.

Should I do it? I have 3 good horizontal shaft engines so the 633 should be a great one to have. I also have two splined hubs that I will test on that axle. (No hubs on it now and the axle is splined)
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Should I buy them? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy them?   Should I buy them? Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2021, 4:05 pm

I’d grab em. 633s are good and a spare tranny for parts is extremely valuable. That and you can reaver a spare for another, and for 40 dollars you aren’t out much.

Nevadablue likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

Should I buy them? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy them?   Should I buy them? Icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2021, 6:03 pm

Thanks for the reply. I got the 206. There is no shifter on the 633 and my hubs don’t fit. I’ll think about that one.

Rustbucket Garage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Should I buy them? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy them?   Should I buy them? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I buy them?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: Technical Forum :: Drivetrain & Brake Tech :: Transaxles and Transmissions-
Jump to: