All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Universal speedometer/odometer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

Universal speedometer/odometer Empty
PostSubject: Universal speedometer/odometer   Universal speedometer/odometer Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2022, 3:18 pm

I wanted something I could use for a speedometer on all my rigs. I don’t have a smartphone and don’t want one and wouldn’t put it on a tractor anyway, LOL.

So, I started looking at used GPS units on ebay. I chose the Garmin eTrex Legend CX. It runs off of 2 AA cells, is color and is tiny. There is a belt clip on the back (an accessory) that I plan to clip onto a bracket I put on each tractor. It arrived today and I’m learning how it works, but this is the main reason I got it: this screen…

Universal speedometer/odometer Ad814b10

They are readily available and can be had for 50 bucks or less.

I have previously used my old Garmin GPS III on some machines, but I can’t find the darn thing. This one is better.

MightyRaze and Brianator like this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Universal speedometer/odometer   Universal speedometer/odometer Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2022, 5:26 pm

That looks really cool! Can it be used for navigation also?

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~

Nevadablue likes this post

Back to top Go down
Nevadablue
Established Member
Nevadablue
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Universal speedometer/odometer   Universal speedometer/odometer Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2022, 6:13 pm

Yes, that is the neat thing about it. I think it would be great for you guys that ride trails. You can download topo and road maps for free and create routes as you drive. The thing is waterproof and quite rugged.
It has an extensive trip computer and also a stop watch, timer, alert system and calculator so you can figure the area of triangles and such. LOL

There is a waypoint and ‘geocache’ system in it too, for marking and finding places you want to go to or come back to.

The little thing is old hat compared to what is available now, but it costs 50 bucks instead of several hundred.

TechnoChicken likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universal speedometer/odometer   Universal speedometer/odometer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Universal speedometer/odometer
Page 1 of 1