All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aesache

Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor? Empty
PostSubject: Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor?   Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2011, 11:17 pm

Hi alll
new to the forum and i just have one question. I have mid 90s craftsman that i bought for the motor (it will be used on another project) this left me a perfecly good mower chassis. i have an old 6hp motor from a pressure washer. is it worth throwing in the tractor? i want somthing that i can use to run through the bush no big rocks or anything to get over but there is some mud and a few good hills. i need it to haul about 100lbs of equipment and myself (250lbs) into the bush. Will this be enough hp or is it a waist of time. what size pully for the motor? the back will be stock i have a 5 inch kicking around that fits the motor

if i cant build this up for next to nothing i will probably scrap it.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor?   Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor? Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2011, 6:00 am

If its a perfectly good chassis, id keep it till another motor comes along.

I have a 70 toro with a 5HP briggs on it- it hauled my 250lb bulk down down into the swamp and thru pretty good snow - im planning on putting a 6.5HP motor on a MTD wizard to use for a 'go kart' .

It might not be real fast, but it should get you around.
Back to top Go down

Will a 6hp pressure washer engine work on a tractor?
Page 1 of 1