All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

I call it the Redneck wagon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
redneckwagon
redneckwagon

I call it the Redneck wagon Empty
PostSubject: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 10:57 pm

Hi everybody. I'm new to the site. I thought I was the only one interested in building stuff like this lol. I can't load any pictures here but my avatar is my off road tractor that I call the Red neck wagon. It started out as a husky with a 12hp tecumse but now it has a 15 hp Kohler. I've been through a few engines on it since I've been tinkering with it for 8 or 9 years now. It has a bed that will haul quite a bit with tail lights on the back and off road lights on the front bumper. It's been a fun project and it will go practically anywhere I have the guts to take it.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 1:02 pm

Welcome aboard. Tractor looks nice. You should get an account with photobucket or somewhere so ou can show it off in better detail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
redneckwagon
redneckwagon

PostSubject: Re: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 6:50 pm

Yes I tried to load some pictures up here using servimg but apparently I can't use any links to somewhere for like 7 days. I have a couple more that I'm tinkering with too. I loaded some pictures up to my facebook,but can't make it any further with them yet unless I'm doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2011, 11:15 pm

I use facebook. Most people use photobucket. But with facebook all you have to do is 'copy image location' (if you are running Firefox, IE should say something similar) Then insert it on your message!
Back to top Go down
redneckwagon
redneckwagon

PostSubject: Re: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 10:16 am

Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 5:24 pm

Nice lol. Its a pickup-tractor! The Toro and Snapper are both awesome too!!!

Hint: Use the 'Image' button to put the pics right on here! (does this: I call it the Redneck wagon  link here )
Back to top Go down
redneckwagon
redneckwagon

PostSubject: Re: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 5:59 pm

Lol yep it's pretty handy with the bed and it's cheaper and more fun than a mule or gator. The toro has a snow blade on it now instead of the disc. ready for snow. My snapper has the shaft coming out of the front of the engine where the pto clutch was that turned the blades on so I pulled it off and now I'm going to mount a hydraulic pump on it. With hydraulics...the sky is the limit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 6:11 pm

might want to keep the PTO clutch so you can "turn off" the hydraulic pump when you dont need it to gain a few more hp
Back to top Go down
redneckwagon
redneckwagon

PostSubject: Re: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2011, 10:21 pm

Yep I've thought about making a bracket/mount for a power steering pump to run the hydraulics off of the pto clutch like that. But they make a mount that just bolts right up for a hydraulic pump so I'm probably just gonna cut out a hole in the grill for the pump to stick out.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 2:07 pm

I didn't know there was a waiting period for posting pics. You found a way around it though. I really like that bed on the mower, might have to swipe it. Is it a dump bed also?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 2:11 pm

In another forum a while back there was a guy that wanted to do a 'pickup' setup with a RER tractor - he ended up extending the chassis to remount the seat and build the bed over the motor .

Sometime id like to build a bed for one of my dynamarks - it was a super rare factory option actually years ago - it replaces the back fender area.
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 3:18 pm

I call it the Redneck wagon 62364_105564086174629_100001631148680_42163_6460616_n

heres a pic of my buddys pick up lawn tractor. Its an Arctic cat riding mower. Not many were made but i think its cool as f*ck and looks really neat. This may be a lil small fer a bed but maybe something a lil bigger. I made an atv rack fer my tractor and that seems to hold enough for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
redneckwagon
redneckwagon

PostSubject: Re: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 6:17 pm

No mine isn't a dump bed...yet lol. Good idea though. When I first built it I had the bed mounted to the seat hinge. That was a BIG MISTAKE. To make a long story short, I love pulling the front wheels on this thing when I take off. Well I took off full throttle one time,pulled the front wheels off the ground, and it went too high too quick and I was lodged between the steering wheel and the seat with this thing on top of me and stuck. So if you guys ever put a bed on one make it solid and don't mount it to the seat hinge.
That blue cat mower looks cool I like the low profile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I call it the Redneck wagon   I call it the Redneck wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I call it the Redneck wagon
Page 1 of 1