All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
386mudbogger

How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt? Empty
PostSubject: How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt?   How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt? Icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2011, 8:16 pm

im getting a tractor soon and i was wondering how i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt?
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt?   How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt? Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2011, 7:12 pm

you could take a piece of sheet metal and make bolt holes and just bolt it on from under. i forgot who on here but they did it
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt?   How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt? Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2011, 7:14 pm

http://atltf.forumotion.com/t732-mtd-off-road-build theres a pic of who i was talking about
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: i need assistance   How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt? Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2011, 9:54 pm

That was me. get some thin gauge sheet metal and bend the sides up. if you dont have a brake , you can clamp it to a table with angle iron or a 2x4. If you do it as a 2 piece, the bends dont have to be exact. I put a washer between the middle when I screwed it together to let the water out.
check with a local HVAC shop,they might have some scraps cheap or even free

How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt? Photo_101310_002
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt?   How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt? Icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2011, 11:58 pm

yea sorry rat lol couldnt think who posted it because i didnt look on that page for a few days
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt?   How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt? Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2011, 12:47 pm

I had the same idea on my murray. I even made a ramp up for the transaxle. I just haven't got around to the sheetmetal. Seems like the transaxle is what catches people a lot of the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com

PostSubject: i need assistance   How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt? Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2011, 2:21 pm

yeah one more piece for a splash/rock guard would help alot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt?   How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How i can make or buy a guard or cover for my belt?
Page 1 of 1