All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

TOW TRACTOR

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jordan
Jordan

TOW TRACTOR Empty
PostSubject: TOW TRACTOR   TOW TRACTOR Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2012, 6:54 pm

this is mt murray gt16 that i made into my tow tractor
origional motor was trashed so i took the motor out of this tractor some of you may remember
TOW TRACTOR P1150766-1
TOW TRACTOR IMG_0083
TOW TRACTOR IMG_0082
TOW TRACTOR IMG_0073
the weight that i use to try ot keep my front end on the ground so i can steer, its a block of concrete inside some thick black plastic to keep it all toegther. i took it off an old craftsman with a bagger
TOW TRACTOR IMG_0084
pretty simple to run, winch the front end of the tractor up
TOW TRACTOR IMG_0085
then i put a chain on the tractor and the top of the boom to take the weight off the winch when im moving them, the chain also has a hook on it to grab the frame of a tractor without a bumper like this one has
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

TOW TRACTOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOW TRACTOR   TOW TRACTOR Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2012, 7:09 pm

looks sweet, everything looks great the only thing i see that could or might be a prob is ur rear bar,id put in a support to a strong area on the rear like near or under the seat. I think now i know what im going to do to the agway i just got Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

TOW TRACTOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOW TRACTOR   TOW TRACTOR Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2012, 7:15 pm

i took one of those T fence posts strongest thing for the size, i hooked it on the rear of my truck as soon as i finished building it, lifted the front tires of the tractor off the ground till the winch quit then i jumped on my half ass front bumper to try to break something so i can improve it and she held up.
i thought the same thing when i made it but its been fine and i dont even know how many times ive used it for anything and everything around my house
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

TOW TRACTOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOW TRACTOR   TOW TRACTOR Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2012, 7:19 pm

o hell then its good lol
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

TOW TRACTOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOW TRACTOR   TOW TRACTOR Icon_minitimeJanuary 4th 2012, 7:56 pm

Looks like a very useful tractor! That rear frame should be pretty strong... I made a mini boom-pole out of old pipe & it hasn't bent a bit.
Back to top Go down
canadianromper
canadianromper

TOW TRACTOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOW TRACTOR   TOW TRACTOR Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2012, 7:49 pm

looks like a neat outfit i made a thing that i can tow behind my tractor that you put the front wheels on a bar type thing and i can tow my tractors for short distances only because i don`t really trust it 4 going a long distance for that i would use my trailer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TOW TRACTOR Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOW TRACTOR   TOW TRACTOR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOW TRACTOR
Page 1 of 1