All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Evolution of the ATLT(F)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
redneckrob
redneckrob

Evolution of the ATLT(F) Empty
PostSubject: Evolution of the ATLT(F)   Evolution of the ATLT(F) Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2012, 10:37 pm

Well, I've been gone for about a year, oddly enough summer got busy, went to California, and gardened(by hand). Naturally, you ask, "What does this have to do with lawn tractors?" well, when I left this site had about 110 members, and there were 3 big people on youtube talking about this(Chunk?, Arild, Fearless), now there are a ton of yall. So a "hell yeah!" for the hobby, and a "whaa?" for us relatively old-timers(I am farely new, but have been using lawn tractors/mowers unmodified for years). Thats my piece.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of the ATLT(F)   Evolution of the ATLT(F) Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 3:51 am

Alot of people are out modding tractors , personally i think its because anyone can plunk down a wad of cash for a ATV , BUT building a tractor into whatever you want it to do is by far cheeper in the long run, even buying some expensive parts can still be cheeper .

I too have tinkered with tractors since the 90's , but since 2006 ive had a few mods ive attempted to build - each progressing hopefully for the better.

Back to top Go down
Bigal
Bigal

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of the ATLT(F)   Evolution of the ATLT(F) Icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2012, 8:24 am

The sport has grown alot alot cheaper then atv and funner to Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redneckrob
redneckrob

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of the ATLT(F)   Evolution of the ATLT(F) Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 1:39 am

Bigal wrote:
The sport has grown alot alot cheaper then atv and funner to Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Plus, atleast IMO a steering wheel and seat are funner than bars and a saddle. afro
Back to top Go down
redneckrob
redneckrob

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of the ATLT(F)   Evolution of the ATLT(F) Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 1:44 am

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Alot of people are out modding tractors , personally i think its because anyone can plunk down a wad of cash for a ATV , BUT building a tractor into whatever you want it to do is by far cheeper in the long run, even buying some expensive parts can still be cheeper .

I too have tinkered with tractors since the 90's , but since 2006 ive had a few mods ive attempted to build - each progressing hopefully for the better.

Well I've been riding un-modded tractors off road since God only knows, only in the last few year thanks to Davidsfarm oddly enough have I been modding them. The timeline went something like this Davidsfarm vid about off road lawn mower-Arild-Fearless-ATLTF, thats why I wont badmouth DF, and why I'm eternally greatful to the latter for expanding my knowledge through their vids.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of the ATLT(F)   Evolution of the ATLT(F) Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2012, 6:40 pm

I ran most my 'regular' tractors thru a swamp behind the folks place back north for quite some time - i called it 'a break in period' to see how well they hold up before i would actually mow with them.

Chunk was the person who invited me to join here - i followed him on YT for quite some time.

I dont really have anything to comment on about DF .
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of the ATLT(F)   Evolution of the ATLT(F) Icon_minitimeApril 14th 2012, 7:42 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:

I plunked down $40 to get my tractor. I did have to invest close to another $60 for axle, brakes, and steering wheel. But even at that, where can you get a used ATV of any sorts for $100?

For me, replacement parts are fairly cheap, mods are easy. And because my offroad tractor is the same model as my lawn tractor. If it goes belly up, I still have a ton of spare parts for the lawn tractor.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
canadianromper
canadianromper

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of the ATLT(F)   Evolution of the ATLT(F) Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2012, 7:54 pm

ha ha i started with my roper 12hp and its way better than atvin and cheep too. who cares if you get stuck its still fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evolution of the ATLT(F)   Evolution of the ATLT(F) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evolution of the ATLT(F)
Page 1 of 1