All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Need help, belt keeps flipping.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigal
Bigal

Need help, belt keeps flipping. Empty
PostSubject: Need help, belt keeps flipping.   Need help, belt keeps flipping. Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2012, 8:40 pm

Very Happy This is a 99 craftsman. i did pulley swap on it; i left the old stock pulley on the front and put a five inch on the back.

the problem was that it had the center shifter so i had to build a pulley that would pull the belt toward the frame to get around the shifter, and now when i try to ride it the belt flips over so the flat side is on the grooved side of the pulley and then it will fall off.

i checked all of the belt retainers and i think they are all set. this is very aggravating and i am getting very mad at it so if you guys can please please help out it would be very helpful.

these are the pictures i took so take a look at these and tell me what you guys see

Need help, belt keeps flipping. Farmandtractors007
Need help, belt keeps flipping. Farmandtractors008
Need help, belt keeps flipping. Farmandtractors009
Need help, belt keeps flipping. Farmandtractors010
Need help, belt keeps flipping. Farmandtractors011

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Need help, belt keeps flipping.   Need help, belt keeps flipping. Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2012, 8:55 pm

Maybe make guards for your extra idler wheel? or could making the guards closer work? Does it only happen in high gears/high RPM of the Engine?
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Bigal
Bigal

PostSubject: Re: Need help, belt keeps flipping.   Need help, belt keeps flipping. Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2012, 9:28 pm

It seems alot more in high gear it hapeens when you go fast then try to stop some how it flips????? Question
Back to top Go down
McHandyMan

PostSubject: Re: Need help, belt keeps flipping.   Need help, belt keeps flipping. Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2012, 8:34 am

Personally, I would leave the back stock or mabey a inch smaller and put the 5inch on the front. You would have to get a new pulpy but it would save the hassle of pulling the belt away from stuff and all that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help, belt keeps flipping.   Need help, belt keeps flipping. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help, belt keeps flipping.
Page 1 of 1