All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Plans change

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 7:51 am

well wife n i made it up to the folks house - 1,200 miles and two days worth of driving- i couldnt bring my trailer cause the trailer wiring plug on the truck is all corroded - so that means i can only drag two tractors back south - the toro and the agway- ill leave the white up here for a spare for pop.

Also found out the tailgate on my truck broke where it hinges - so we'll need to fix that before i can load everything.

The toro im planning on redoing back to mowing status- the agway however is getting an offroad modding - doing the lift n all - the deck will go to the 17HP hydro murray.

Im sorta anxious to get back home n start tinkering- i think the agway will look cool lifted with big tires- heck already have pulleys for it anyway.

Just dreading the trek back south tho......
Back to top Go down
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 8:28 am

Sounds like a plan! Two is better then none! How long is you drive>?
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2010, 7:41 pm

2 days driving about 10-11 hours each day-(20-21 hours total one way) we stop overnite the first nite and finish the second day- this is the last time im driving up for my stuff (unless i get a newer truck to get my white lt 12)- ive got just about everything this time - makes my 3rd trip. I think itd of been cheeper to rent a uhaul for a single trip now.....
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitimeMay 10th 2010, 6:27 pm

Today was a good day- managed to get my tailgate fixed pretty easy - had to buy a new hangar on the bed side ( was ALL rotten- couldnt believe it) , then had to use a steel coupling dad had to weld on the actual tailgate to fit in the hangar - greased the heck out of the thing and works like new.

Loaded my agway and toro, along with spare tractor parts n stuff i had in the house - so basically its all loaded for the trip home- unfortunately i didnt have time to go mudding this time up- id have to locate another tractor around here to mud again.

Looking at the agway this time- itll make a neat offroader - it can easily fit larger front wheels and be raised . Im going to use a different larger motor on it- that 10HP on it is looking rough, it was running wierd anyway last time i had it out.

Toro will get smaller wheels, and ill set the deck up to mow - be a neat lil tractor to use on the yard.

Mowed with the LT12 today- runs and mows good- will need new drive belts sometime ( not bad for 18 year old belts) and the steering seems a bit off- i brot a new front axle and seat up for it-all in all STILL not bad for a tractor nearly 20 years old - pops MTD needs a different deck belt, possibly too short or something ( keeps turning while trying to start the tractor) - hopefully tomm can get out n tinker.

Another note- i left florida when it was 90 degrees- average day temp here is in the 50's while in the 30's at nite- so much for bringing some heat up with us.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2010, 6:58 pm

Well, made it the nearly 3000 mile round trip with the truck- went up empty and back with two tractors and a half loaded truck of boxes.

Old truck did pretty good in the mountains - even loaded- got around 23mpg to boot.

Already unloaded the agway n toro - got drafted into working tommorrow- so no shed time for a few days. Ill grab some pics and a video soon.
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2010, 7:10 pm

Good to see your trip was safe, cant wait to see what you brought home. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ctraugh.blogspot.com/
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2010, 9:46 pm

Sounds good! Glad nothing bad happend on your return trip, loaded and all. Can't wait for pics!
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 2:43 pm

Yeah i didnt have time to take pics up north- had to fix my tailgate first before i could load the stuff and tractors- damn drivers side hinge setup rotted clean off. I bot a replacement piece for the fender and pop used a 3/4" steel nipple welded to the tailgate- some trimming/grinding and works perfect.

Didnt even have time to go mudding! Well, it was freaking cold /rainy still as well tho . The funny bit is the whole area i tore up is all overgrown again! Every year its done that.

Ive got tommorrow off, so ill grab some pics.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 4:22 pm

Cant wait to see them! Sounds like it was pretty busy while you were up there!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2010, 5:48 pm

Yeah- after i got my truck loaded we went to my favorite resturaunt- Quaker steak n lube ( http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/ ) we have one down here- they just opened a few new ones up north and i wanted to see what theyre like - eventually id like to go to a bunch of other locations.

They have awsome wings and burgers there- the other plus is they have vehicles hanging from the walls and ceilings - heres some pics of the one up north in Buffalo, NY:

Plans change File0028

Plans change File0031

Plans change File0032

I dont have pics from down here- just a short video.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 6:58 am

That is awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2010, 8:08 am

Thats the other reason i like going there - LOL! The one down here has a indy car and nascar in the bar area- a motorcycle room and the corvette room with a 73 corvette hanging on the wall and a 56 on a 4 post lift that the owner ocassionally take for a spin around the parking lot. Its impressive- i highly suggest visiting one .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plans change Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans change   Plans change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plans change
Page 1 of 1